Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Just Sitting Around!

I am trying to avoid everyone so that means I'm staying in my bedroom most of the time.  It's spacious enough for a bedroom, but  living in it ain't easy!  The two dogs come and go, and it's nice to have a warm breathing creature around once in a while!  I think I mentioned my covid test was negative (no surprise to me - I am only around immediate family).  But I do have a really bad cold, with coughing and sniffles. My ribs hurt from coughing so much!  I feel so sorry for myself!

I just checked my mail to find a small box that I wasn't expecting.  The box contains individually wrapped cookies - 6 of them, all different, and they sure are tempting!  It turns out they were sent to me from my former boss, who now lives in Florida.  She and I worked together in Washington, DC.

I remember the joy of baking cookies in my younger years.  My mom let me bake from about the time I was 8 or 9, and my dad always had nothing but compliments for whatever I baked or cooked!  Just thinking about my dad makes me want to cry.  I sure do miss him!

So now I guess I will read all the advertising material that was in my mailbox!  Speedee Oil Change sent me a flyer about their services, and I intend to read every word of it, even though I no longer have a car!  Just imagine what I will be like in a couple of days if I have to remain in my bedroom pretty much to myself!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment