Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Injured again!

Rocky did it again!  He got injured trying to play basketball.  He's being very quiet today, limps when he walks so he has been staying pretty quiet so I don't notice.  I think all dogs love to play, but Rocky is quite competitive about it and just adores being with people and playing their games.  It will heal in time, but today he is being very quiet.

I've been entertaining myself going over ads for plants and flowers, and trying to determine what I might like in my new yard.  It is still a little under four months until we move in, so I'm really trying to restrain myself from making decisions and ordering plants at this time.  Donald is excited about it as well, so I have a "partner in crime"! 

I'm also trying to envision what I might need to add to my space in the way of furniture.  When my ex died several years back, the kids kept a lot of his furniture, plus the furniture he kept that had been his parents' collection.  I don't want to buy "new" at this stage of my life, and I am thinking about what pieces I might be able to refinish, or even use "as is".  His mom always believed in buying quality pieces, so it has held up remarkably well for having been stored for several years since Bill passed away.   And well built furniture from the 1950's and earlier will last forever if taken care of.   I've been using a chest of drawers  that was Bill's, and the rest of his bedroom set is in my spare room; since Ara wants his bedroom set I will be glad to give it to her and re-use my ex in-laws' furniture.  It would be stupid for me to buy something new at this time.  My new bedroom will be the same size as the one I currently have, but there will be more doors including a patio slider, which will reduce the amount of wall space.  I just want to be moved and settled in, and it seems like forever.

I will be getting my second treatment for  cancer on Friday and hope it extends my life a few more years.  I doubt that it is a permanent fix, but it's worth it to not have any side effects whatsoever.

1 comment:

  1. Yes years ago furniture was built to last and I'm sure since it hasn't been used in a long time it will be in good shape. Poor Rockie hope he heals well and fast.

    ReplyDelete