Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The cast is off

I saw the orthopedist for the final time this afternoon, and good riddance to him.  I might do some physical therapy but right now I'd like to just take it easy - the pain is still pretty bad. 

I am going to try to do an attitude adjustment and see if I can help my healing.  I might post a picture of my crooked arm-wrist-hand which the quack of a doctor insists is ok and that anything more would be considered cosmetic surgery.  To tell the truth, I want no more of doctors for a while so I am willing to put up with things the way they are, and the way they look.

Our air quality seems to be a little better today, and I hope the fires are being contained and will soon be extinguished.  I can't smell the smoke but Jeannie can, so I stay indoors as much as possible.

I sure hope I start feeling and doing a little better each day as I would love to post something positive for a change!

8 comments:

  1. Good that your cast is finally off. I do hope that the pain will soon get better too. It must be so hard to be by yourself in this Covic crisis with those horrendous fires as well. I really feel for you and wish for good news for you. 👍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera. It is difficult for me being alone, but I made the choice long ago. I love seeing my daughter and her family and am so glad they live close. Covid is so scary, and what is worse, is that so many people don't take it seriously.

      Delete
  2. At least the cast is off and that is a good thing.

    I saw in a news segment on Telemundo this afternoon that in Colombia they are conducting an experiment using the honey of bees and marihuana to treat chronic pain.

    While I know this is probably of no value to you as it takes place in Colombia doesn't California have marihuana stores? Perhaps your doctor can give you a prescription to purchase some form of it to combat your pain? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You sound like my sister. When I was about 35 I had never used any substance in my life, but I was talked into trying marijuana. One puff and I got so sick I thought I would die! What nasty stuff! My brother gave me a small bottle of CBD oil several months ago, and I've used a few drops of it with absolutely no results at all. I have no doubt that it has medicinal uses but there are few medicines that don't give me side effects, so I just don't take them at all. I've gone through the past few months of severe and constant pain with no meds at all, so I think I can make it now.

      Not that it would be the same with me, but i was in my 20's during the 1960's and remember friends coming back from Vietnam so hooked on drugs it was pathetic, and I knew several who overdosed and died. I'll stick with my glass of wine, or bottle of beer, and once in a blue moon a scotch and water or martini. And if any of these should start to go to my head I stop. By the way, I think maybe my wrist will start to feel better eventually. It was a nasty break!

      Delete
    2. I had some of that oil given to me too, used a bit on the end of a toothpick at night to get a better sleep...not so... I had the worst nightmare and the rest of the stuff is still sitting in my cupboard. 😉 I love Manuka honey though. It works wonders on cuts and burns, very expensive though. Also hood for sore throat.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Manuka honey, but if it is like regular honey, it is wat too sweet for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear your done with the cast. I tried the oil and never tasted anything so foul in my life and it did nothing for my pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to get rid of that cast! I am also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks CBD oil is a waste as far as I'm concerned.

      Delete