Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, August 9, 2020

New blogger

Fortunately I am able to use this format in blogger until September, when it will no longer be available.  I have decided to end my blog when I can no longer use the current format.  The old blogger format has worked just fine, and I don't understand why a totally different version is forced upon users.
 
Updating the blog has become so difficult for me as I am typing with one finger, and I don't see much of a change in my hand or wrist anytime soon. 

I am grateful for my readers who have stuck with me through thick and thin and I had planned to try to keep up with the blog until the end.  I don't feel well enough to struggle with a change that certainly isn't being forced upon long time bloggers for their own benefit. 

I was given a wrist brace to use, but mostly don't wear it.  It is extremely uncomfortable and hurts like crazy.  The skin of my hand and wrist is very tender and I have a difficult time understanding why I should cause myself even more pain.  On a positive note, Rocky is being very calm and undemanding - that is, until Jeannie shows up.  Then he turns into his old labrador self!  Oh. I did get the boy's nails clipped yesterday, and have an appointment to take him back in two weeks for another trim.  The gave me an Rx product to calm him down and it worked pretty well.  I hate to drug him but am determined to get those claws to a point where he can't hurt me.  My arms and legs are full of scars from his claws and I'm fed up with it!  Jeannie took him into the vet's office and told me I should wait in the car until he was ready to leave.  Well, I never did get to go inside as she just waited in there for him.  I know she didn't want me to complain to the folks there, and it didn't take me long to figure out what she was doing.  I did the same type of thing with my mom when she got old, so I can only laugh to myself about it.  I'm in too much pain right now to make a big deal of it.

That's it for now.  It's so difficult to come up with a post when nothing new ever happens and I can't do anything except the very basics of living.  Hope you all have a good week!

14 comments:

  1. Get yourself some "moleskin". Walgreens or CVS or drug dept at Walmart etc. It is a super thin, soft fabric - runners use it to cover blisters. Its in a little package. Use it under the brace to prevent chaffing & protect your delicate skin. Good Luck. 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sound like it might really help, and I will try to find moleskin in a size I would need.

      Delete
  2. I have tested the new blogger once and it seemed to work ok, but since I have nothing to write about at the moment, who knows what will happen when I try again. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just don't have the patience right now, I took a quick look at it but didn't try it yet. I'd love it if someone can tell me the positive things about the new version - does it make blogging easier or better? Is it just a change for a new look? Etc.

      Delete
  3. For the last two evenings blogger has not been working the well for intervals. I think they are still trying to get the programming right. It works just as well as the old model when it works but I definitely do not consider it a "big" improvement. Just be patient with it for the time being. Probably needed reprogramming to fit into the newer style of programs we have now.

    A couple of weeks ago I did something and it worked just like Legacy. Then ten minutes later I got the "opportunity" to learn the new method. Reminds me of my early programming days in the mid 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see your post. I was worried & checked every day. Good to hear that the meds helped calm Rocky....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime you post a Blog you are talking about things of interest whether it's your recovery, Rocky or about being cooped up like most of us.
    Maybe Jeannie can help you figure out the New Blogger Platform. You still have a lot of things to tell us.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear Rocky calmed down with the meds to get his nails trimmed.

    The mole skin sounds like a good idea. With thining skin it sure does get irritated quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry I deleted because I posted my reply in the wrong place. Though I agree with JO's comment.

      Delete
  7. Healing sounds s-l-o-w. Patience is NOT my strong point either on the wait-and-wait part. If you had a really good book to read, would that take your mind off your ache and tenderness? There's a nicely entertaining read by Paulette Giles called -News of the World-. It's pretty good, too, with a unique story line and a satisfying ending. This author has based it on some real characters from times past. Take a look at it on Amazon. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on this "new blogger" I tried the new version a couple of weeks back and did not like it.

    I think they are doing this update so people who live on their cellphones can more easily actualize it. I would never even try to make a post from mine as I have vision issues and I can not see the little print.

    The sad part is that they are making it harder to use the old version to force you to use their new product. I did leave them a nasty comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you can tell us about your favorite memories about campinG with your family as little kids and as they grew up. I would love to hear about that.

    Would you be able to write in a word document and then copy and paste into blogger? Would it relieve some of the frustration you feel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've gotten kind of use to the new blogger but that doesn't mean I like it. But I can understand your frustration and pain. We will miss you terribly if you don't blog but sure would appreciate if you'd check in occasionally.

    ReplyDelete