Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Hangin' in There!

But just barely.  Lately I've been feeling depressed about the current situation, and don't know when we will ever get back to "normal", even if it is a new normal. 

Jeannie & Donald and the kids visited me last night, and it was the first time Donald has been out of the house since this all started.  At least I walk the dog every morning, although not a very long walk.  My d-i-l, Megan, is coming by with her two kids this afternoon.  I asked her to bring their dog, Sammy, with her because Rocky would love to have a playmate for a change.  I see his personality changing a little at a time, and I don't like it.  We need to get back to a normal life and outside contacts.  I guess it will happen, sooner or later.

My treadmill was a bit "off" the past few days, and I was so happy that Donald could fix it when he was here.  The mile a day I walk on it, plus the few tenths of a mile I walk with Rocky, is what keeps me relatively healthy and sane.  I've recently found myself almost in despair, but hope I've shaken that off.

It has been pretty warm during the day so I rarely do much in the garden.  I do try to get out to water the plants but need to spend some time pulling weeds that are starting to crop up.  I'm so looking forward to the appearance of tomatoes, although one plant called "Venus", has a few small tomatoes growing already.  I haven't had much energy to plant anything else, but need to find some motivation soon.

I remember how in the past I've always loved looking up at the night sky, and seeing familiar stars and planets.  I don't have the vision to do much of that anymore, but I do love looking at Venus in the west.  What a beauty! 

I'll be back soon, I hope.  There just isn't anything  new happening and it's hard to find something to write about.

Take care, and hope to talk to you soon.

6 comments:

  1. Seeing your family coming to visit will certainly perk up your spirits. Glad Rocky is going to have a play date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice having them, and Donald and the two girls stopped by as well. Jeannie works from home so I didn't see her today. It is so nice to be with family again.

      Delete
  2. Many people are feeling exactly like you are. This stay at home has really affected people and pets emotionally. The new normal will be here soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying healthy.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm not alone in the way I feel, but I never dreamed I would have to go through something like this. Thanks for understanding.

      Delete
  3. The garden seems to be doing well. Weed are a problem all the time. I need to get more spray again I don't know how hot it is there but we hit 105 yesteray. I go out early in the morning while it's still nice out but that doesn't last to long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I I think this is stressing everyone and especially those of us living alone. It seems like I struggled through last year with David's death and now being quarantine without him is as big as a struggle. It's very lonely where I am. My daughter is not nearby and she is my only child. I wouldn't have envied you the raising of so many children but it is wonderfully nice now to have so many to safely come and visit you.

    ReplyDelete