Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Who took my dog.....

.....and left me a look-alike with great doggie manners?  I just returned from a short walk with Rocky and he was a perfect gentleman from the start to the finish!  He didn't pull on the leash and when I stopped to talk to a neighbor, he sat pretty well and waited.  I can hardly hope that maybe two years of age will be the magic moment he leaves the obnoxious puppy stage!

It is a beautiful day out and I enjoyed the walk as much as Rocky did.  I forgot my hiking stick though, and I was a little nervous.  I have to watch the ground because all the pavement is in such bad shape - and I'm an accident waiting to happen.

I am so excited about my tomato seedlings growing a bit.  I've been pulling out the extra seeds that sprouted and leaving the largest and healthiest of them.  I am eagerly looking forward to a few homegrown vegetables.  I should try an extra one this spring, but my success has been with tomatoes and squash, so that is what I'm devoting the garden space to.  (I know, I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition! :-)

Here are the first few peas I just picked.
Not the best picture I've ever taken, and I think that's my shadow in it.  I set a ballpoint pen next to the peas to indicate size.   I have eaten a couple of these peas, raw in the pod, and they are delicious.  There are a lot of blossoms on the plants so I should get quite a few more.
 

I'm still finding it difficult to eat after the dental work yesterday.  My next appointment is a week from today, so I'm going to be uncomfortable for a while.

I'm going to just sit and relax for a while now.  Cheers to everyone!

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful that Rocky was such a good boy today, lets hope this continues.

    And your peas look wonderful. I love peas and the hull also so rich in vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them in the pod.

    I went out for a couple of hours this evening, and Rocky was so good - went right into his crate, along with a few good treats, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will keep my fingers crossed that Rocky's good behavior continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I left him for a couple of hours this evening and he went right into his crate. He's been as good as gold today - we'll see how it goes from here.

      Delete
  4. Oh Gypsy, all your training has finally paid off. May he continue in this newfound path.

    I had no idea you could eat peas right out of the pod...who knew?

    I have the same problem you do...my shadow is cast on my pictures. I need a good old fashion camera not pictures from my cellphone but everyday cameras are no longer staples at stores and I really do not like to buy online but living in a small town like Del Rio sometimes one does not have a choice.

    Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat the pod and all! Delicious right off the vine. I would like to go back to my regular camera, but can't remember how to even work it!

      Delete
  5. Two years seems to be the turn around time for most large breed dogs to suddenly mature but throw a ball and you will see the puppy once again for playtime.
    Happy that you are already reaping the benefits of your garden.
    Be Safe after your dental work and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope we've turned a corner, although you are right in saying they never forget how to play! He is certainly a beautiful animal.

      Delete
  6. Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

    Well over 160000 women and men are trying a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to lose 2lbs each night while they sleep.

    It is effective and it works with anybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Hold a drinking glass and fill it with water half glass

    2) And now follow this amazing hack

    and you'll become 2lbs thinner as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete