Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, February 10, 2020

My daily life--nothing exciting!

I sometimes wonder if I will ever have any exciting event in my life to come.  I guess I can't predict, and I'm just happy if things are relatively smooth.

You may recall I planted tomato seeds in approx. 29 cups; many of them have sprouted, and now I'm faced with pulling out the excess sprouts from each cup.  How I hate to throw anything away!   I am hoping to get a really good yield from 5 varieties of seeds.  If I do, I'm sure I will be giving many of them away, although I'll try to keep as many of the Roma tomatoes for myself as I can.  That is about the only tomato that doesn't give me indigestion.  I'll try the others however, in hopes that I can eat several varieties.

It has been very windy the past 2 days.  Yesterday I went with Jeannie & her family to a park that has basketball courts, jungle gyms, and tons of activities, PLUS, a wonderful dog park.  Rocky, Jeannie & I spent  some time in the dog park and Rocky loved running around with a couple of other large dogs.  It tired him out and he went to sleep as soon as we got home.  The wind really made me feel extremely tired as well.

I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow to have several fillings.  I absolutely dread it, but will be glad to get it over with.  I will have to return a couple more times to get everything done. 

I hope everyone has a good week, and stay safe from the ills that  seem to be attacking us from all sides.  Of course, one of the most serious ills is the coronavirus.   One thing that frightens me is that I heard it said that China manufactures nearly all prescription meds now.  That could be disastrous for people all over the world who rely  on medicines to stay alive.

9 comments:

  1. Taking Rocky to a dog park is a great idea and gives him a chance to play and run with other large dogs. I bet he just flopped down once home. Those seeds sprouted pretty fast. Hope they do well for you once in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, running with other dogs really wore him out. As for the seeds, I planted them over 3 days, so I'm still waiting for the last batch to sprout. I sure hope most of them survive and do well. I've always bought established plants and stuck them in the ground, so starting from seed is new to me.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had your energy Gypsy. I have been saving my avocado seeds for a while now but we have never really had success growing them. I almost threw them in the trash but decided to keep them and try to see if I can grow them...we will see how that turns out :-(

    I do not have to wish you good luck with your dentist tomorrow because you certainly got lucky and have a very good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to save avocado seed and plant one or two. But I doubt if I'd live long enough to enjoy the fruits of my efforts! Don't they take several years to grow?

      Delete
    2. We have one that has not grown at all, we have it in a planter not in the ground. I almost threw it in the trash last year along with a couple of other plants that are not doing so good.

      They do take a couple of years to grow and need more care than I have time for but I have so many avocado pits why not give it a try? We will see if I can manage to get it done this spring.

      Delete
    3. Stay with it if you can. Food prices are going to rise exponentially, and anything you grow is something you don't have to buy (or do without).

      Delete
  3. Good luck at the Dentist.that is one place I don’t like being at. You are very lucky to have family close by. My kids live far away but FaceTime on my iPad brings them closer. As for thinning your tomatoes most professionals say to snip them off at the base with scissors. That way the roots of the other ones will not bedisturbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thinning tip. I still have a tray full of cups that haven't sprouted yet.

      Delete
  4. Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

    Over 160 000 women and men are utilizing a simple and SECRET "liquids hack" to lose 2 lbs each and every night in their sleep.

    It's proven and works every time.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Hold a drinking glass and fill it up with water half glass

    2) And now use this strange HACK

    so you'll become 2 lbs thinner the very next day!

    ReplyDelete