Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 27, 2020

The middle

As I've mentioned several times, I have macular degeneration, and I can't determine the exact middle of anything.   That means when I part my hair in the middle it is slightly to one side.  The funniest is me trying to apply lipstick.  I'm sure everyone can tell that it is higher on one side than the other - I can almost see it myself but can't "fix" it.

With the world in the shape it's in today I guess I'm lucky to have these kinds of problems!

I walked Rocky this morning and he amazed me at how well he behaved and didn't pull on the leash.  I just wish I could stop him from jumping on people.  He goes absolutely crazy when someone comes to the door - jumping up against the screen door in excitement.  When I have anything delivered I tell them to just leave it in front of the door and I'll get it later.  That has led to some people telling me they don't mind at all if he jumps on them.  It's probably not a good thing to encourage it  but I open the door and let him at it!

My newest (6 or 8 wks - can't remember which) grandson came to visit me yesterday.  What a gorgeous little boy, who sure reminds me of his daddy!  When I held the baby I could tell Rocky wanted to get close - I would have thought he'd be more quiet and gentle around an infant, but I think he just wanted to be friends.

I am getting ready to go meet my granddaughter after school and walk her back to my house.  The last time I didn't crate Rocky, hoping he would behave.  He got into absolutely everything that wasn't nailed down, so into the crate he goes from now on - even if it's just for about 20 minutes.  I don't remember having as much trouble raising 3 boys and a girl, but I probably did.  They turned out pretty well.  I just hope I live long enough to see Rocky grow up and settle down, and become a pretty good boy!

Our weather has been absolutely spectacular lately.  Sunny and about 73 degrees at 1pm!  I dread thinking about the heat of summer though.

9 comments:

  1. I bet the new baby is adorable. I love little newborns they smell so wonderful. I saw a video on FB with a little boy singing to his new baby sister couldn't have been more than a week old and she was smiling at him. So precious.

    I hope Rocky continues to walk well for you. Crating him is the best thing you can do for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved the newborn stage of my 4 kids, but it doesn't last long. I have such good and happy memories of my kids' early years, and even though things were hectic, I think they were the best years of my life. Of course, now the grandchildren provide the happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of your 73 temperature. Often wonder what living in California would be like. Have nieces living there in Claremont & Malibu? Here in Ontario we are still snow covered for now.

    Hope Rocky continues to improve....heard the saying when I worked the pet shop..."A Lab is a pup for the first five years" :-). Hope you can find a solution to curb the jumping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it's from 2-5 years for a lab to mature. I was so hoping to get the 2 yr version, but doubt he will calm down in the next 3 months.

      This is the best time of year in Sacramento. It will get hot beginning in about May and be like an oven until around Oct-Nov. I think Malibu is probably what people think California weather is all about. I really missed snow for the first few years I lived here, but would hate to go back to it now. Ironically, you can go up the mountain to one of the ski resorts near Lake Tahoe. and ski in shirtsleeves or just a light jacket. That's because the sun is so warm - not the air though.

      Delete
  4. Gypsy my 3 year old dog does the same thing with jumping on people. I think it is because it is just the 2 of us and pretty boring for her to live with an old lady. If I know ahead of time someone is delivering something I put her in the bedroom. Other than the jumping she is well behaved in the house but the backyard has huge holes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure my lab feels the same way most of the time - he looks forward to greeting people who might have more zip and energy than I have.

      Delete
  5. I just love newborn babies and the way they cry. They also smell delicious. Whenever I go to hospitals I like to visit the maternity ward and see them sleeping...it relaxes me and temporarily makes me forgot the reason why I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%, there is nothing to compare with a newborn! I think that is part of the reason I had 4 kids - but now I enjoy other folks' newborns!

      Delete
  6. BEST WAY TO HAVE GOOD AMOUNT TO START A GOOD BUSINESS or TO START LIVING A GOOD LIFE….. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) or WhatsApp +27730051607.
    for how to get it and its cost . ………. EXPLANATION OF HOW THESE CARD WORKS………. You just slot in these card into any ATM Machine and it will automatically bring up a MENU of 1st VAULT $200 $300 $500, $1,000, 2nd VAULT $2,000, $3000, $4000 RE-PROGRAMMED, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on either of the VAULTS, and it will take you to another SUB-MENU of ALL, OTHERS, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on others and type in the amount you wish to withdraw from the ATM and you have it cashed instantly… Done. ***NOTE: DON’T EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLICKING THE “ALL” OPTION. BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE OUT ALL THE AMOUNT OF THE SELECTED VAULT. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) or WhatsApp +27730051607.

    ReplyDelete