Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 3, 2019

The first few days

I had hoped to be fully unpacked by now but am nowhere near that point.  I really love the place, but am surprised to find that my mobile home probably had much more storage space, especially in the kitchen.

Rocky is very happy with the back yard.  I went out to check out the garden space that needs to be rototilled, pulled a few weeds, and about half an hour later I'm itching like crazy.  Rocky has had allergies that show up in his eyes, and several other people in the family have had itchy eyes.  I think I'm getting it now which is surprising because I haven't been bothered by springtime allergies for several years.  I just took a Benadryl and hope it works quickly!  I'm also giving Rocky a small dose of children't Benadryl.

After several days of unpacking boxes and trying to put things away where I will be able to find them quickly, I've hit a point where I need a break.  So no unboxing today.  Also, I quickly forget where I've put things so it's really difficult to find anything I look for. 

Sorry for no pictures yet, but I have to have a little more order in the place to take photos that I would post!

I've had to buy a new washing machine which won't be delivered until next week.  My laundry is stacking up like a mountain!  There is a gas dryer here that needs to be hooked up, but I understand it needs some kind of hose or whatever in order to work.  

I'm anxious to get pictures hung - that alone will empty quite a few boxes.  I don't have the eyesight to hang them straight, so I need to wait for Jeannie to have time to do it. 

That's about it for today.  I'll try to get some photos that won't show the mess!

12 comments:

  1. I am sure packing to move to your current home was hectic enough so I commend you for trying to unpack so soon. Give yourself some time or you will wind up making yourself ill.

    Hope you and Rocky get to feeling better and that the allergies do not continue to affect you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave him Benadryl this morning for his eyes, and I took a Benadryl pill a couple of hours later. About 4 pm or so I opened my one beer or the day and wondered why I became so sleepy! That benadryl must last a long time!

      Delete
  2. We all understand where you are in the moving event, Gypsy. Thank you for taking the time to post. Do hope the allergies don't prove to be a big problem. As time goes on, you will figure out how to adapt to the storage situation. It will be a happy day when you get the new washer. Maybe one of your boys will be able to take care of the dryer before then. Meanwhile, I look forward to your keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. I've been wondering lately if it isn't time to quit blogging, but I'll hang in there a little longer.

      Delete
  3. Take just one day at a time and unload a couple of boxes each day. Before you know it they will all be unpacked. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opened most of the easy boxes first, and now have nothing except the difficult ones left!

      Delete
  4. Good for you for taking the day off from unpacking. I know when I move things around it takes forever to find where I put the stuff so don't fret about it you will find it one day. Benadryl kicks my but and I won't take it anymore. Of course now tylenol kicks my butt to. old person here LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely take any kind of meds, and I remember several years ago Benadryl made me very dizzy. It was the fact that I couldn't stand the itching any more I would never have taken one.

      Delete
  5. Blogging should be a joy. If it becomes a drag, give it a rest, or blog just a photo or two with a small amount of text. We all want to see your new place, and watch Rocky grow into manhood! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you and Rocky as I read this.
    https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13791951/all/unplugging-a-labrador

    Glad I am possessed by a cat. And I swear he is half dog, because of the junk he chews on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy thank you for this link it was so funny it totally made my morning. Now I understand why Rocky has eaten what he has by comparison Gypsy is very lucky. Some of those owners have had to pay big money to have those items surgically removed.

      Delete

  7. HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES.
    Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000USD. With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish, if you really want to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via: Email:officialilluminati999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete