Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, February 20, 2016

What is happening to me?

Every day it seems I'm klutzy and have something happen.  A few days ago I spilled a full glass of water first thing in the morning.  The next day I brushed my arm against a wine glass on the counter and it fell to the floor and shattered (fortunately, I had drained the wine!).  I forget what happened yesterday but I think it was a 2-event day.  This morning I was holding my coffee cup in my hand and the computer on my lap when I must have shifted my position slightly.  I don't think any damage was done - a few drops below the keyboard, but I was worried I might have ruined the touch pad.  Everything I touch seems to fall, break, or be damaged in some way.

This morning I tried the milk-and-tumeric trick before jumping into the shower.  I did my face, hands and arms, and dang, that stuff is messy and definitely stains things you accidently touch, such as the bathroom door!  I left it on for about 10 minutes and jumped into the shower to rinse it all off.  I can't really tell any difference just yet, but I'll give it a few days.  I followed it up with some coconut oil on my face.  Fortunately the smell dissipates quickly.  I think I look lovely, but then you are aware of how bad my eyesight is!

Then I drove to the market because I needed a bottle of olive oil.  I buy it directly from the source (Bariani) even though it is sold in the grocery store.  Just to hear the kindly older Italian gentleman say "Mille grazie" makes my day.  I've been sauteeing mushrooms, onions, and veggies a lot lately, and last night had to add a pat of butter to the last of my olive oil to stretch it.  The result was very tasty!  A big skillet full of stir fry veggies plus a baked filet of beer-battered wild Alaskan cod - heavenly!  (I sprinkle "Santa Maria style" seasoning plus a few others from my spice cabinet on the veggies.  Superb!)

By the way, driving to market in the bright sunlight I detected a slight yellow cast on my hands.  Maybe it's my imagination.  On the way back I noticed that the beautiful flowering trees and bushes are competing with the weeds everywhere for "best in show".  Sacramento spring comes early, and the flowering trees are gorgeous!  I have one in front of my house that I can't stand because when the flowers fall they are accompanied by red seeds about the size of blueberries.  They are a mess and since it doesn't happen all at once it seems I'm cleaning them up for weeks.  

12 comments:

  1. Things are popping out all over here, even the redbud trees are blooming. At least I think that is what I have been seeing as I drive home from the post office or where ever. You said you drained the glass of wine and then broke the glass. Isn't that a custom in some countries? Or was it a great big glass and maybe made you a little tipsy (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - I wasn't in the least bit tipsy. Red wine is something I can drink a small amount of and then stop. On the other hand, one beer, or a semi-sweet white wine like Riesling, calls for another.

      Delete
  2. I started dropping, spilling and falling down a couple of years ago. When the grandkid was born I refused to hold him unless I was sitting down. I was not going to drop a new born. I think my case is plain old age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell anyone but I know my tripping over my own feet is due to age!

      Delete
  3. Turmeric will stain everything so your hands are probably stained. I cook with it every day and my wooding spoon is now a very nice color of golden orange. It took some clorax to get it off the counter. But it is so good for you. Can't wait the verdict on how it works on your skin.

    I drop things all the time, I wonder if I am just not paying attention to what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how turmeric stains everything. But it washes off the skin, and some people even swear that brushing their teeth with it makes them whiter.

      Delete
  4. By sheer coincidence I had the same thing happen to me today....twice. To the best of my memory I haven't dropped or knocked over anything for years & yet just this morning I knocked over half a plastic glass of Cranberry Juice & this afternoon in the exact same spot I dumped over half a plastic glass of milk. Oh Gypsy what will we do..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep on getting older. It is a lot better than not getting older.

      Delete
    2. I have to agree with Barney. Plus, think of how much wiser we are as we age and the hormones take long, long naps1

      Delete
  5. I was surprised you think this might work in a short time. I will be thrilled if it does and start using it inmediately. You are my guinea pig. Keep up the good work. Sounds like you better not spill the tumeric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised you think this might work in a short time. I will be thrilled if it does and start using it inmediately. You are my guinea pig. Keep up the good work. Sounds like you better not spill the tumeric.

    ReplyDelete