Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Back to rainy!

My house was pelted by rain throughout the night, and I even got up to check spots that I've had leak problems with in the past.  The roof treatment works so far, and I didn't even have any water dripping in through the swamp cooler.  Joe wrapped it well.

Around noon the sun came out and it looked like a beautiful day, so after verifying with the Park office that the laundry was operational again, I did most of my wash and took it across the street to dry.  I had to make several trips between brief stormy periods.  I'm waiting for a full sunny day to do the towels so that I can dry them on the line.  

The sun must have dried out the grass so that people are visiting the dog park this afternoon.  All I can hear is barking, growling, and yapping.  It can get annoying, and although people visited that patch of grass with their dogs every day, I don't recall all the noisy barking, but they were all on leash back then.

And speaking of grass, I have a nice patch of green weeds that sprouted overnight in the rain.  I'll never get them all eliminated by the 1st of April (Park Police inspections).  I've been looking at ads for rentals lately, but everything seems to be priced out of my comfort zone.

Yesterday I listened to music on YouTube, and even found several short videos that demonstrated using milk and turmeric to make a mask or a wash to treat skin discolorations, acne, scars, etc.  I used nearly the rest of my turmeric to try it out for myself - mainly on my hands and lower arms.  I have a few of the horrible "age spots", plus sun damage on my arms.  I went to the grocery today and bought a good sized bottle of turmeric, which I will try a few times more to see if it helps.  There are lots of "recipes", including some with honey, lemon, etc., but I'm not going to put "sticky" on my face and hands!  I don't even know why I have honey in my cabinet because I never could stand the stuff.  Probably for the same obscure reason I have a jar of coconut oil, when I consider the taste of coconut to be vile.  Coconut and yogurt - two items I really dislike, and of course, add honey to the group.


9 comments:

  1. I just heard today that coconut oil is good to rub on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too, and am going to try it. They say it can be really good for your face, but I want to know how much to use. I'll go around smelling like a damned coconut!

      Delete
    2. Only drops, Gypsy. A face isn't much skin to cover. Olive oil is fabulous for the whole body. Do it daily. I made a natural concoction (creamy) that in time removes those age spots, skin tags and skin cancer. Very pleased with how it is shrinking a cancer on my nose. and spots are fading on my hands. Email me and I'll give you the formula. Edgar Cayce, the Sleeping Prophet,(book) opened my mind to knowledge that is rejected, ridiculed or otherwise by the medical professions and via them much of society. Both my great-grandmothers were herbal "doctors"/healers in her day. There was a slip of paper in her trunk with formula for skin cancer. Regrettably it went missing and I've wondered since if it contained the two ingredients I'm using now. Curcumin/turmeric is wonderful for healing our body of inflammation (which is certainly fertile ground for the start of cancers), rheumatism. Go to NaturalOn.com for some excellent advice and help for your health.

      Delete
  2. Haha I will be happy to eat all your coconuts and smell like them Yum!! Really interested in whether your tumeric skin treatment works. I have more than a few of those spots on my skin and even though I religiously wear a special spf 50 sunscreen my dermatologist gave me, they just seem to keep increasing in number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I will be happy to eat all your coconuts and smell like them Yum!! Really interested in whether your tumeric skin treatment works. I have more than a few of those spots on my skin and even though I religiously wear a special spf 50 sunscreen my dermatologist gave me, they just seem to keep increasing in number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not putting too much faith in it, but I'll try it. I quit using sunscreen for the most part when I found out that Americans are dangerously low in Vitamin D3 (I think that's the one) since everyone started the heavy use of sunscreens.

      Delete
    2. Will you share the formula for the milk and Turmeric. Plastic gloves would keep the YELLOW off your hands. I potted a turmeric root hoping it will produce. Takes one year, I'm told, for it to begin sprouting.

      Delete
  4. I too have weeds sprouting up and I spray almost every day to keep ahead of the game. Spring should be really beautiful around here this year due to all the rain.
    I saw lots of those remedies on FB post lately. But putting honey on my face or hands would make me nuts, I hate sticky hands or anything sticky. Be interesting to hear if that mixture takes away your spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the idea of using honey either. I'd have to be desperate to put it on my face and hands! I'll just try to tumeric and milk a few times. Maybe use the coconut oil on my face as a moisturizer, but I read that it doesn't always work for everyone.

      Delete