Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

New tires from Les Schwab

I needed to go to Home Depot this morning, and since Les Schwab Tires is adjacent to HD I stopped there first to get my tires checked and aired up.  I knew I didn't have many miles left on my front tires, and ended up replacing them. I love the Schwab chain and have used them for tires since I had my RV.  The company is only in the west, and I didn't know much about them when I came out here to do workcamping.  They are a wonderful company, and I have more often been told all I need is air in the tires rather than try to sell me new ones.  The owner of the company (Les Schwab) has always insisted on a policy of honesty and fair treatment, and the price is good too.

While the tires were being installed I walked over to HD to get something to treat the weeds in my yard.  It was pretty heavy and when I was in the checkout line I realized that I didn't have my car available to transfer it from the cart.  I pushed the cart to a collection area and then carried the heavy container on to the tire place.  Fortunately I only bought the one item at HD and not everything on my list.

I've started to read "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" and actually have begun to formulate a plan - at least the beginning of a plan.  The author recommends starting with clothing, and it involves bringing every item of clothing from every room into one place, where you can go through them and discard things you don't wear, are out of date, don't fit, etc.  When that is all finished you move on to another category, saving sentimental items and photographs for last.  I don't know how it will work out especially since I will not be able to finish before I go to NY.  I estimate it will take me four to six months to get everything pared down, but I intend to give it a good try, and will write an update every now and then.  

4 comments:

  1. Good to have newer tires on the front of a car.
    I keep getting rid of stuff but it never feels any less. As of right now I have a huge bag ready to go. I go thru my closet often but maybe I am still hanging on to things just in case. haha Good luck with your clean out.

    I can't remember if you said you are flying to NY or driving. I do remember neither appealed to you anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to seriously examine every item of clothing I own and toss what I don't wear anymore. I am not hard on clothes so they don't wear out, and I keep them because they are in good shape and i love them. No more!

      I am flying, which I really hate the thought of. I just don't want to drive that far by myself, especially in April when the weather is usually not good in the northern part of the country. I think I lost my love to drive when Lady died. I didn't realize how much company she was on a trip.

      Delete
  2. Maybe I should read the book. A developer offered me 3 times what my house is worth,to assemble land for a townhouse project. I have until October to get out, and I don't have to fix anything or even empty it. I have been here 55 years, and accumulated lots of stuff that I don't want to part with. But at 87 I know it is the right thing to do. I hope I can get it done in time. Some charity is going to benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way you are in a dream situation. I would love to be able to get rid of most of my stuff and go into a condo or nice apartment. But it isn't easy when you have a lifetime of things to dispose of. Good luck to you, Phil. Maybe your local library would have the book, and it is an easy read - not too long and divided into small sections.

      Delete