Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 6, 2012

I think the rain has passed our area for a while, and I'm happy about that.  I need to get out to do a little shopping - Christms presents for the kids and a birthday gift for Autumn.

Over the past few years I have amassed a few points on my credit card, so I recently ordered a pair of Nikon binoculars, which came yesterday.  I wanted them for my travels and camping trips, but find it's just like the camera - my eyesight without glasses has deteriorated, and I can't look through the lenses or viewfinder with glasses on.  I'd say that is what is described as being between a rock and a hard place!

I was asked by Judy (the bird lady) if I had any plans to reschedule my trip to NY.  I won't be going just now as I missed the welcome home party and Thanksgiving, and my son & his family are coming to CA for Christmas.  I did want to visit a few relatives in Kentucky, and have been contacted by the vascular surgeon who handled the stent implant, requesting that I schedule a follow-up appointment.  In fact, his office tentatively scheduled one for me in mid December, which I'm going to have to cancel.  I would love to see the vascular guy again - of all the doctors I've had he is probably the one I liked and trusted most.  The cardiologist I saw here in Sacramento had me undergo a carotid scan and said they couldn't even find the stent.  So I would rather hear it from the surgeon who implanted it in the first place.  Answer is, I don't know if I want to make a trip in early 2013 and then back again in September 2013.  This gypsy is getting a little too old for two cross country trips in one year!

I'm typing this entry on the tiny Acer computer - it is very difficult to read as the screen is small and I like the large print, but it isn't easy to view excep on a regular sized screen.  I don't know how people can use an iPhone for their email or internet use.

Speakig of phones, I dropped my Verizon cell phone and bought a TracFone a while back.  With the offers that came with the phone for double hours, I find I still have about 180 hrs left, but only 11 service days in which to use them.  I don't like using a cell phone and am tempted to just drop it completely - get back to the old days :)

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how people can use those teensy weensy phones either. l still live my life phoneless & like it that way. This aging stuff can sure knock the stuffings out of travel plans alright:((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aging - is there anything to like about it??? Maybe the National Parks senior pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with the binoculars and glasses issue too. I wear my glasses with the camera, and the only problem there with looking through the view finder is that the glasses get all smudged up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy, most quality camera's and binocular's have an adjustment to bring your uncorrected vision into focus, I know my Canon does. Maybe a camera shop could show you if your Nikkons have one. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of trouble with binoculars and so don't use them very often. I also much prefer my computer to the phone for web stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on the binoculars. One problem is to have them handy when you need them. I carry a camera and a small waste pack, I don't want to carry binoculars too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am afraid I would be lost without the cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won't lose unused minutes with Tracfone as long as you buy more minutes by the Service End Date. The unused minutes roll over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you doing with the new camera? I thought last week, with your 36x zoom (or is it 32x?) you could get some close-up photos of the swollen rivers, without getting out of your car or getting your feet wet

    Time for some samples.

    ReplyDelete