Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Getting ready to party

Not really, not me at least, but I am going to a birthday party for my granddaughter Autumn, who will be 6 yrs old in a couple of days.  Last night Donald was doing the cake and needed to get his 4 girls out of the house for a while, so Jeannie, Ara, Autumn and Arianna came over for a few hours.  It's good to hear the noise and see the mess that accumulates when children are present.  Not that I don't make a continual mess myself.  Everywhere I look I see biscotti crumbs, which is because I eat so many of them and you just can't help getting crumbs everywhere.  Last night we all had one, although the 3 adults dunked them into our wineglasses which is the proper Italian way of eating them.  Fewer crumbs too.

I am now on Plavix (generic formula) and took 1 whole one yesterday and a half a pill this morning.  I'm going to try just a half one a day - I already have a couple of bruises on my hands.  It was so nice not to have all those  bruises when I went off the aspirin.  I'm also taking Xantax (generic formula) and though I can take 2 a day, I seem to feel great with just one after breakfast.  I will have pizza at the birthday party this afternoon so I might need another xantax when I get home.  The two generics cost me a copay of about $2.20 for a 30 day supply of both pills.  Generics are great as long as they agree with your system and do what they are supposed to do.  They aren't always the most reliable, but since I'm a poor retired woman I will use them when I can.

I will be so excited to see my NY family in about a week.  I really missed being there at Thanksgiving and at the welcome home party, but Ara gave me a rundown of the party.  She couldn't believe how much weight Mike lost, although he will put it back on if he isn't careful.  He and Steve have to really fight to maintain a healthy weight, and so does Jeannie.  Joe has always been slim like me, although now in his mid 30's is starting to show a little fat here and there.  Not much however.

I have been in my house for a little over a year, and as I was looking at the rooms yesterday evening I thought "I need a larger house".  This is plenty big for me, but I was thinking how nice it would be if I had just a little more room for when the kids visit.  Actually I need to go through everything I have and get rid of things I haven't used in years.  I am pretty sentimental about holding on to certain things and I'm probably too old to change now.

Hopefully I will get some pictures at the party.  In a way it's a bother to carry the new camera as it is bulkier and heavier than a small point & shoot.  I think I will really enjoy using it when I travel.  Later -

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear hat you are doing good on the generic meds. They do save a bunch of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what you mean by being too sentimental about things to get rid of them. Without our memories, we stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they've improved generics in the last few years. I've been on a generic for high blood pressure and it really seems to work for me. Have a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past week I thought maybe I'd give my husband a break & get rid of a few of the gkids' toys from preschool days, since they're in their teens now. Things like a ride-on train with track, a party kitchen, etc. Our storage space is PACKED & he has to be juggling it all to get down seasonal things. Well. Guess what? Nearly ALL of the things I thought we might get rid of are right back where they were. Sentimental? You betcha!

    ReplyDelete