Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grandparents' breakfast at school

I just returned from having breakfast with my grandson and his other grandma at his school. Things are sure different at the schools than when my kids were small. There was a lot of great food - baked goods, fruit, juices, etc., and we had a good time.

Lady is way off kilter although she seems to be managing. I can't wait to get her home and try to see if I can have my dog back to her old self. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drive the straightest and fastest way home, making a detour around Park City & Salt Lake City, Utah, and Reno, Nevada. I don't ever want to have to drive through any of those cities again!

Speaking of Lady, I've been having to take her out a lot lately, and we have to take a long flight of wooden steps down from the back deck. She has to make it down without stopping or slowing down, whereas I need to go slower and make sure I'm putting my feet in the right place. I used to let go of her leash and she would wait for me at the bottom. Well, clever dog that she is, now kind of ignores me and I start down the steps by myself. When I'm half way down, about a leash-length, she starts down at a quick pace and we reach the bottom of the steps at about the same time. I would never have thought about that, and wouldn't know how to train her to do it, but she came up with it completely on her own. Day by day I am more amazed at how a dog's mind can work. By the way, we struggle up the steps together, like a couple of old ladies!

I'm tired and just want to be home soon. Six more wake-ups.

8 comments:

  1. Animals, and especially dogs, are a lot smarter than they are given credit for. Of my three dogs, I have one extremely intelegent one, one normal one, and one that is a lupittle on the stupid side. Hope you both have a safe and quick trip back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very concerned about Lady. Don't they have vets there? If you've talked about that, i missed it. And maybe she's just like me,,takes longer to get well when u get old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Lady just has you figured out and what works for both of you. Good girl, Lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and Lady make it home quickly and safely. That is a long way to go and you are a brave gal to do that on your own. Hats up to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know what you mean by being tired & just want to be home. Like you, I am forever amazed at the wonderful workings of a dog's mind. So pure & so true. Humans have much to learn from our best Pals......

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to be at the Grandparent's day event! Hope Lady is doing better so we can visit when you get to Wisconsin!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky that you were there for the grandparents day. Two grandparents is a goldmine for most kids.

    I can hear how anxious you are to be on your way. It's a long way to drive for a shorter stay but it sounds like you wish it had been.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear that both of you are feeling better. And I don't blame you for taking the straightest route home. We will be driving through Salt Lake next Tuesday and I am so not looking forward to it. But with 72 feet of rig, the backroads around it don't work for us. Lady is one smart gal.

    ReplyDelete