Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 14, 2012

Graduation weekend

My granddaughter is the 5th one back on the left. There were about 350 in the graduating class (out of 500 who began 4 years ago). It was a very nice ceremony and a beautiful sunny day. I forgot to put sunscreen on my shoulders and got a burn that is getting better by now.


The close up photos I took of her in her cap and gown are on my film camera, but Sandy took this one on her cell phone:





The surprise of the day was the appearance of my youngest son, Joe. I had no idea he was coming. He is Ara's godfather and I'm so glad he was able to be here.

In the evening we spent some time back at Ara's apartment, and Joe and the boys engaged in the game of "fight". It was sheer pandemonium! Nothing got broken and no one was hurt, and even Joe survived taking on 4 kids - the 2 boys and the 2 girls (who held their own by the way). Joe is in school as well, and was able to take one of his finals a day early so he could leave CA on Friday, and he is going back to two more finals - one today and one tomorrow.


We were in a beautiful part of Pennsylvania, as is most of the state.

As for the trip from NY to PA and return, I was glad Sandy did the driving. Even though we made several stops for the boys to stretch their legs and for lunch, I could barely sit any longer. This morning I bought a small pillow to sit on for my drive back to CA, and I sure hope it helps - otherwise I don't know how I will make it. I just don't understand why I can't sit for that long as I have traveled so much in my life and it has never bothered me before now.

Lady was happy to see me this morning, and I was happy to see the old girl. The folks at the kennel raved about how good she is. I sent over more food and treats than she actually needed, but they were all used up. They must have added more wet food to her bowl than I do, and I'm sure they fed her more treats. If it made her happy it's ok with me.

I am tired so I don't know when I'll post again, and I'm not sure when I'll get all the blogs read that I usually keep up with.

10 comments:

  1. I think sometimes it's easier to endure the time behind the wheel than it is to be a passenger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Judy. I can drive longer then be a passenger.

    We'll be on our way to Chicago on May 28, maybe we can still see you on your way back to Calif. We'll be there till June 14.

    I'm so glad you got to the graduation. That's what we're doing on June 3, a graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous commenters. Best place to pass time comfortably in a vehicle is right behind the steering wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely young woman, and so glad you were there for the big event in her life. The world is open to anything for the young!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Ara was so happy to have you at this big occasion in her life. How terrific that your son came too!

    I know once you get behind the wheel you'll be feeling fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful day for all. Sure glad you could be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Ara. So glad you were able to make her graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes... I'm a lousy passenger so hopefully once you start driving, you'll be fine.

    So happy for you granddaughter ! What an accomplishment... Pretty and smart! goood combination.

    Glad Lady was in such good care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big accomplishment..Congradulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congradulations to your Granddaughter and you have a wonderful family.

    Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete