Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

These two photos were taken at a pull-off on the way back from West Point. You can make out the stadium in one of the pictures. It is very difficult to take pictures from this mountainous, winding road.





These two pictures are poor attempts to take photos from a moving car on the bridge over the Hudson:




We had a crowd on this shopping trip - Sandy, her mom, the two boys, and me. I just thank God I can do my own grocery shopping alone. I've paid my dues trying to shop with kids in tow when my own kids were small.

I hate to say it but I am growing anxious to get on the road again. I am going to change my planned route somewhat. I had planned to drive first to Kentucky to visit relatives, but not having a place to leave the dog (such as inside an RV) narrows my choices. I'm afraid it will be too warm for her to stay in the car in a few weeks. I am putting her in a kennel for 3 nights when I go to the graduation in Pennsylvsnia, and that gets expensive.

I looked at a few maps this morning, but won't make up my mind until I return from PA. I'd like to keep my daily mileage way lower this trip, but it all depends on where I can find pet friendly motels - not easy when you don't travel the interstates exclusively.

3 comments:

  1. Will you be making your way back to Sacramento already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gypsy blood is hard to simmer down....

    yeah going south is going to be hot but if it's northern Kentucky and you then head north and back to Sacramento... you should be all right until mid or late June. That's when it gets really hot.

    I mean if it were Texas or ... oh, dear... it's already in the 90s... plus the humidity... no good


    The weather has been so weird ... you never know any more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like things are greening up nicely in the East... we are still partially leafed out here, and lilacs are just coming into bloom. Ahhhhh and no snow!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete