Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, June 7, 2021

Another Beautiful Day in Paradise!

 Of course Sacramento is mostly sunny, and this year we have had almost no rain at all.  The summer temperatures are awful for the most part, but this week we will be mostly in the 70's!  We're finally getting the weather we should have had in May.  I'm happy when I don't have to close up the house and run the a/c.  And I like to leave the front door open so Rocky can see what is going on! 

Nothing new on the "new house front".  I think Jeannie has found she likes a particular model of new home, but they limit the number they build, so she is on a waiting list for a house to be finished by the end of the year.  When you reach my age it seems like 6 months is a long time to  wait!

In the meantime there are so many things I need to be doing here in my current place, but I'm not sure if it's health or age-related - I just don't have the will or energy to be taking care of things.  Maybe I'm just plain lazy.

Just came back from a walk with Rocky, which was cut short.  We were walking past a tall fence behind which was a dog that always barks ferociously.  He's behind a tall wooden fence, so he presents no problem other than to get Rocky worked up.  Somehow, in trying to maintain control of the leash, I slashed the top part of my hand.  It's a pretty big gash and looks very ugly.  I don't know if I could see bone, or if they might have been fatty deposits.  If the latter, I think it's a strange place to have fatty deposits - on the top of one's bony old hand!  I maintained control of myself until we got home, and then I shed a few tears - still shedding them to be truthful.  I covered the gash with two very large bandaids.  It hurts, but not enough to take anything for it.  I just don't take meds if I can avoid them.  Even the over-the-counter variety.  I may change my mind though.

What a day this is turning out to be, and it's only a few minutes after 10am!

7 comments:

  1. You need to have that treated right away. The last thing you want is for it to get infected. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Did you have any neosporin for it. What we do for pets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie came over and took me to the Emergency Medical Center about a mile from here. The doctor there cleaned and treated it, and wrapped my hand. I'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good pair of gloves may help, our skin gets thin as we age any rough treatment can tear it. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that Jeannie took you to the ER. Hoping you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete