Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Still blogging!

Somehow I got to the old familiar blogger page for creating a new post, and it is such a relief and so much better than the one they are pushing on us.  I'll use it as long as I can.

I don't have much to write about.  The air is still a bit hazy, depending on the time of day, and I rarely go out.  I do try to walk Rocky for about 20 minutes in the morning, and in the evenings that Jeanne comes by she takes him up to the big field behind the school and lets him run out his energy.  So at least I'm getting a short walk in as well.  So far he has behaved very well when I walk him - no pulling on the leash or lunging at other dogs & people.   I don't hesitate to bribe him with the magic words, "Ya wanna treat?"

Jeannie and her family have a new puppy - "Tito" as I may have previously mentioned.  He is a little dog (and will stay small).  The whole family came by with Tito yesterday evening and picked up Rocky to go play in that field.  I'm glad to see him get the exercise and would love to go with them except that it is now getting dark much earlier and I can see an accident in my future if I try to walk anywhere in the dark!  When they came back to my house for a while afterward, Tito kept jumping in and out of my lap.  He's a sweetheart for sure!

My wrist is healing as I can tell that it's becoming easier to use my left hand.  Thank goodness for that, as it is so difficult to do anything with only one hand.  It still hurts, but I've dealt with the worst of the pain so I try not to complain too much.  I don't take much of anything for pain, except for a bit of CBD oil every now and then.  My brother brought me a bottle of oil that is good for taking in the evening, so I try to remember it before I go to bed.  To be honest, I don't see much difference when I take something for pain versus when I don't.

Here we are at the middle of the week - it'll be weekend before you know it.    Time seems to go by so fast for as little as I do.  It sure doesn't drag on.


11 comments:

  1. Good to hear Rocky is doing so well walking with you on the lead. And then he gets to run free in the evenings with your family.

    The weeks do seem to be flying by quite fast and I'm not doing much either but I try to stay busy but some days OH OK most days outside of riding my bike I don't do much either. Watch lots of YOuTube and trying to finish the first blanket I started way back when for my daughter and then get back to the second one for my granddaughter.
    Happy to hear your getting more mobility in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend way too much time on Youtube, and I think my eyesight is suffering from it. I have never liked watching TV, except for a decent documentary now and then.

      Delete
  2. I am glad that Jeannie and her family take Rocky for a walk and then let him run out his energy in the field behind the school.

    I love "Tito's" name it reminded me of a friend of mine who named her dog "Fito" after a Tex-Mex singer that was well known in the Greater Houston area in the '90s.

    Good to hear that your wrist is healing...may you soon be pain-free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy I don't have the stabbing pain in my wrist now, even though it still hurts a lot.

      Delete
  3. Tito, what a unique name. Share a picture with us. I recently lost Sami, my white toy poodle;devastating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my daughter & her family will bring Tito over this evening to walk with Rocky; I'll be sure to get some good photos.

      Delete
  4. Glad your pain is easing. I knew it would take longer than you felt about it. Takes a year to get back to 'real' normal for most injuries. Daughter still suffers pain with arm and shoulder after her furry love dragged her down about 10 years ago. Just be alert and cautious always, Gypsy. Being 80 now I know all about the pitfalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 2 months away from 80 and feel less energetic as the days go by. I know the wrist pain and limitations on its use bring me down a bit, but happy I'm seeing some improvement.

      Delete
  5. Glad the pain is finally easing up. The more you use your hand the faster it will stop bothering you.
    Nice that Rocky is slowing down and has a pal to play with.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to use both hands as much as I can and hope it helps the recovery process.

      Delete
  6. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete