Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 27, 2020

A Wonderful Morning!

Jeannie called me early this morning and asked if I would like to go to Costco!  Would I ever!  I don't know how I've done without that wonderful store - although I still can order online - but they have some things they only carry in some stores.  I spent a lot of money, but it was offset somewhat by the rebate check I get from Costco each year for spending over a certain amount there.  I think you have to get a particular membership in order for that to apply, and it's always been worth it to me.

Since we got back, Jeannie took Rocky for a walk to her house where she was going to pick up Arianna and Tito.  It's been a while since she left and I'm loving the quiet!

Workmen are in my backyard cutting some smaller trees along the fence line in preparation for installing a length of new fencing on one side of the lot.  There were several breaches in a couple of  places, and I'm sure Rocky has used them to go visiting now and then.  The fence on the other side of the lot has been replaced more recently, although there are several small trees that need to be removed so they don't ruin the fence.  In a way I'm glad it's not my problem although I would have taken care of it much sooner if I owned rather than rent.

 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to go inside of Costco after being careful and staying home for so long. Curious to hear your observations on your trip...did people wear masks, did you find prices to be higher, any shortages of certain items?

    What I would give to go inside a Costco (never been there), a Target or an Academy but those are the trade-offs of living in a small town.

    So Mr. Rocky got to go visiting and you are getting some quiet time. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord, I just found out how to get into this post to answer your comment. Not sure if I could do it again. I HATE what they have done to blogger and am finished with it, but since you asked a question I will respond.

      There were a lot of shoppers at Costco, all masked and trying to maintain distance, but shopping anywhere is "iffy". I loved being back in that store again, and in fact we went to 2 different Costco stores as they often carry different items. There was a lot of new merchandise since I last shopped there, which was probably the 1st wk in March. Of course I overspent, but I'm happy with what I got. Rocky is happy with his toys and snacks too! Prices have risen on many items although I was surprised things were still affordable and lots of good buys to be found. That said, I don't think I want to go out around people, even masked people, for another while. I have the feeling that we are soon to have another big outbreak of coronavirus, and of course it will be flu season before you know it. And I often order products from Costco online, although I don't know if there would be extra shipping charges to send products to you. Of course, you need a membership to shop there! I just love it - my all time favorite place to shop. There were some new food items that I stocked up on, as well.

      Delete
    2. I am pretty sick and tired of this new blogger format as well, and I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

      Going to a second Costco was the cherry on the cake! I agree, there will be a second wave of Covid-19 much like is affecting European nations currently. This is such a horrible mess!

      When I worked in Houston, our company would pay for our Sam's Club annual membership but when they stopped doing that, I being on the frugal side, stopped shopping there. Back then, I was shopping for myself and my parents.

      That is why I love Target...no membership dues...but I would have to drive to San Antonio, a six-hour round trip to shop at any of the three stores :-(

      Delete