Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Humming along

I bought enough paint and supplies today to get me started. I'll still need lots more paint, as I only purchased a couple cans each of the primer and ceiling paint. I didn't have room in my car for more than that until I unload it at the house. I will probably go back for more early next week. What I bought today is all on the passenger side in front - the cargo area and back seat are loaded with things I've bought and retrieved from storage.

The carpet cleaning service is scheduled for Monday. Wouldn't you figure there is a 30% chance of rain on Monday? It shouldn't take long for 3 rooms of carpet, two of which are small, and there won't yet be any furniture to move. I'll be ready for the furniture by the weekend just before my surgery. I am aiming to have my bedroom done by then so I will have a beautiful and comfortable nest for recuperating.

Looking at my blog title today, I have to remember to buy a bag of white sugar for the hummingbirds. I have a new feeder and hope I can entice those in the area to hang out at my place. I'm not sure whether to bother with a regular bird feeder - I only had a couple of transients once or twice at my apartment last year.

I will try to take a lot of "before" pictures on Saturday; how they turn out will determine if I post them before I paint, or wait until I can show you the "before and after" at the same time.

I had several comments on the Verizon set up for a regular phone (to me, regular is not a cell phone). It is called a "Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect", and I believe it was $35 for the unit, with a $20 monthly access fee, PLUS all the fees, taxes, etc. The way those companies print out the receipt you can't tell what the hell you are paying! Maybe looking at it just puts me to sleep before I can decipher it.

Several people commented that I should have a phone in my bedroom in case I need to call 911. Given the current state of my health that is an excellent idea and I will definitely place my 3rd phone next to the bed. My aversion to a phone in the bedroom no doubt goes back to when I had kids living at home. I could always rest assured that no one would call me late at night, but "late" to a kid carries a different meaning altogether. They didn't have to get up at 5:00 am to get ready for work!

11 comments:

  1. Gypsy,

    Most of the phones have a ringer off/on switch. That should take care of unwanted phone calls at night. You can still use the phone...it just won't ring.

    Good Luck!
    Selene, NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't work too hard, but I do know that getting a new place ready to move in is more fun than work. Hope solving the anagram doesn't interfere with your work (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything just seems to be coming together for you so nice now comapared to oh say a year ago. How exciting to be getting carpets cleaned, painting, organizing and getting everything ship shape. That's one of the greatest parts about moving I like. Everything is new when you come to it new. I'm sure it will make for a more comfortable recouperation as well. I'm happy for you:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're perking up and getting into this move. That's good to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with smdrm, turn the ringer off at least in your bedroom. If need be you can still heat the ones in the other rooms but answering is a cinch. We got a phone call from "private caller" at 4 AM the other day. Now the phones go off when we go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you all excited? I sure hope so. And I can relate to that phone in th bedroom. Our phone used to ring int he middle of the night and it'd be a collect call from the jail. I hated that stupid phone for years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you already know this but just in case, you can now buy paint with the primer already in it. Makes the work much easier. I used it here and boy was I happy I only needed 1 coat.
    I know getting done before your surgery will make your recovery much more relaxing. Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having carpets cleaned is usually pretty expensive. Why not purchase your very own carpet shampooer or "steamer" as they are now referred to. I have a small one made by Bissell for around $69.00. It's an amazing little device and cleans super. If you have animals and carpet, it's a very handy cleaning tool.

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like things are moving right along for you these days. Looking forward to the photos! Take care now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not trying to be a kill-joy, but,,,i thot u took in the hummingbird feeders in Sept. They need to migrate for the winter.
    What ur doing to ur new home sounds fantastic! I never considered it "work" to redo a new home.
    Have fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your recent posts are more upbeat lately, so all this moving/painting/cleaning/planning seems to be right what you needed. Looking forward to your before/after photos of the new "fixed" nest.

    ReplyDelete