Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Doing nothing!

I'm sitting around bored out of my tree with nothing to do. It's the weekend and I try to stay out of the weekend traffic, plus I need to stay out of the stores until after my move, so there is nowhere to go. I don't want to wish my days away, knowing they are on a steady downhill slope, but I would like to be in my house now especially since I will have so much to do there. My patience is really being tested.

In answer to Penny's question about whether I will have a fenced area for the dog, the answer is that I won't have enough room to fence off an area for her. I am thinking about buying a folding "gate" to put at the porch steps, and she can sit out on the covered porch and watch the world go by. A bike/walking trail runs right behind the property so I hope to stick to a daily walking regimen for both of our benefit.

I got a note from my daughter-in-law in NY recently. She said my 5 yr old grandson asked her when they were going to get a dog. The 3 yr old responded, "We already have a dog and her name is Lady, and she's with Grandma right now".

I plan to take my computer to the Apple store on Monday since one of the USB ports isn't working. Fortunately I bought a 3 yr warranty that covers everything, and it is in effect until November of this year, so the worst is that I will be without a computer for up to a week. The last time that happened I bought that silly iPad, which I promptly returned. This time I will just do without a computer while it's being repaired.

12 comments:

  1. Know what's it's like, waiting to move. Hate it. So much u want to do, and can't. How much longer?,,It's not like buying a house, is it? Well, getting it into ur name, what i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trouble. It's not like having to close on a house - all I have to do from the way I understand it is to take the bill of sale to the DMV and register it, and of course, pay the tax due. Yvonne said her yearly tax was about $17, but the DMV will probably take this opportunity to charge me more.

    As much as I hate waiting, I realize there is a reason for everything that happens to me, and I just have to "go with the flow" and wait it out. I am anxious to get moved, but I can't do anything to speed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathize with bored with nothing to do. Lucky for me, I'm hitting the road on Monday. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting and more waiting does equal boredom. You can mentally do all the work you want to do but it isn't until you get started actually doing it that it finally comes together and makes sense. But it's going to happen before too long and then you'll be too busy to blog. So you'd better check in once in awhile and let us see pictures of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, sure know all about that bored word alright. If I was in your boots waiting to get moved in I would be jumping out of my skin to get going. Nice to have a creative challenge ahead eh:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will miss you when your 'puter is in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know too, the boring part of waiting. Give me a holler some time and we can be bored together. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear.  Somebody needs to defend Mr iPad. I guess I'll try to tackle that. We have: Mr iMac, Mr MacBook Pro (MBP), Mr iPad and Mr iPod. The Mac gang. Absolutely love Mr MBP. But, he's a wee tad heavy (he has a backpack and a wheelie bag for when this elderly back tuckers out) and sometimes you just plain don't want him to come up missing. He stayed home when we went to London and Paris in July and we took Mr iPad and Mr iPod.  The two little guys did everything I could think up.  I downloaded tube, Kew Gardens and Starbucks apps. Read books on the Kindle app (not a big ebook fan, but nice when traveling especially since I bought real books while we were there). Kept track of our expenses, did emails, read blogs, looked up and researched places to go and things to see, read the news, took pictures and sent them home.  You can find free WiFi even in Europe.  The iGuys did great.  (did this note on Mr iPad)

    I get a big kick out of them but Mr iPad just wasn't the electronic device that worked for what you wanted to do. It happens. 

    Congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gypsy and Lady,
    It is great for both of you, that you can keep up with your daily walks. That's what a body needs.
    Lady will like having her own view of the world on your porch.

    Having a fenced yard myself, I find that I don't take Misty walking as much as I could.

    I wish you could hurry up and move in, too. We are all anxious to see it. So exiting!

    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Art Linkletter always said, kids say the darn-est things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a thought . . .

    I've had to send my Mac in for repair, I found that, using Applecare, they send you the mailing box, you get it the next day. The carrier waits while you pack up your machine, and generally, you have it back in one more day. I also like that when I use this method, they often update other things I might not have noticed. I sent mine in for a new hard drive and they replaced the case (said it was starting to crack, I never noticed it) and gave me a brand new keyboard. All covered under warranty and I was only without the computer for 3 days.

    ReplyDelete