Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A Much-Needed Outing!

I went out for breakfast with my son, Steve, and his wife, Meg, this morning.  Today is Steve's birthday so we had a very nice brunch and got a chance to visit with no dogs or kids running in circles around us!  It was the first meal I've tried to eat in weeks, and I managed to devour about half of it.  The other half is boxed and in my fridge, and I just ate a bit of it cold - almost as good as it was when it was warm!

The restaurant is in a very lovely and trendy spot - lots of shopping and restaurants, as well as living space (apartments/condos).  It's really a self-contained neighborhood.  After we finished eating we walked around the area, which really tired me out but was very good for me.  I needed a push to get up and move about!

So maybe I've reached a sort of turning point and can now feel like getting dressed in the morning, and taking a short walk every day.    Or possibly I can talk myself into a walk every day on my treadmill.   Every little bit will help.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you. I'm glad you are doing something new. See if Steve will make this a monthly event, like the first Sunday of every month. And it was especially good to walk around and see what is there for you in the future. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! How nice you got to spent time with your wonderful son and his wife. Walking is so good for us old ones. I need to do more of it for sure, once the snow melts. I think I will be using a cane or walking stick just for an added bit of security since my balance needs to improve. You might try one. Afterall, the Queen now uses one, so I guess it's "fashionable." My friend uses a HurriCane which she says is sturdy. Enjoy the nice weather... We all still want to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn,
      As an ex-backpacker and hiker, I still have a couple of sturdy hiking staffs, and use one now and then. I've always said I'm too young for a cane, but prefer a hiking stick! (I'm fooling no one, lol).

      Delete
  3. Well that was wonderful to celebrate Steve's birthday with him and his wife. Getting out and doing something different always is nice and to walk around your new surroundings was an adventure!

    ReplyDelete