Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 30, 2021

The Times, They are A-Changin'

Born in 1940, I had mixed emotions when the music changed in the 60's.  Bob Dylan was an example of one whose music I waffled between loving and hating!  Now as 2022 approaches, I appreciate Dylan as I never did before.  The times certainly are a-changin'!   I think I tolerated the changes in the 1960's better than the changes of today, though.

I have really been feeling rotten for the past several months, and the holiday season hasn't been anything to write home about!  I'll be glad when Jan 2 rolls around and we just get on with it.  Who knows what 2022 has in store for us, but it probably won't be much of an improvement!   I'm glad to still be around though, and I hope I can make it for a few more new years' eves.

Rocky and I are home alone this evening as Jeannie and her family went to visit Steve & his family.  I am not interested in going anywhere at all, except maybe I'll attempt a Costco trip tomorrow (if they take me along).  

Speaking of Rocky, he is curled up next to me on the sofa, and with just a few lights on in the living room, his gorgeous black coat is so shiny and pretty.  He's a beautiful dog!  I probably have been too lenient in his training and now that we are living in the same house with others, I wish I had been more consistent with him.  But I love him as he is, and if anyone doesn't like it they can ask us to leave and we will be out the door!

I think the temporary living arrangements are starting to get to me.  Nothing specific with this situation, but just the fact that it isn't my place nor would I choose it to be my place if I had a choice.   We are using some of my furniture and some that was left here.  I shouldn't complain - the owner is a friend of Jeannie's and a woman I really like, and we are fortunate to have this spacious house to live in.  I do have a room of my own, and while it is much smaller than the bedroom in  my rental, it is private and adequate.  I've lived alone for too many years to be able to deal with others around all the time, and especially when they try to tell me what to do.  But I avoid conflict at all costs because if you open the door to it, it can ruin everything in an instant.  I'm especially careful when family is involved and don't want to rock the boat.   But I'd like to scream once in a while!   Donald is so peaceful and everything is calm when he's around, so that is a plus.  We have been talking about plans for gardening at our new house, and although I don't totally agree with all his ideas, I can accept and deal with them because he is such a sweet and calming person, and he will be the one to carry out all the plans, not me.

In just one more month I will mark one year since the pandemic began, although I don't think anyone had a clue about the severity and length of it.  I would really appreciate being able to see my doctor in person because I know the cancer is active again, but all I get are video visits.  Maybe they are better than nothing, but I'd do just as well off with no visits as far as I'm concerned!  I am so fortunate that my symptoms have no pain whatsoever, so that isn't the issue many cancer patients deal with.  The worst for me, is what it has done to my frame of mind and my patience with others.  I know I'm a real b**ch most of the time, and I don't intend to be. 

I don't mean for my post to be such a downer, and will make a New Year's resolution to write nothing but optimistic posts in the coming year!

3 comments:

  1. Nevermind whether it's optimistic or not, I am some glad to see that you are still above ground! I was getting really worried. It's such a lost feeling when you follow somebody for many years, and all of a sudden they disappear, leaving no way to find out if they're ok! The extra burdens you have----the temporary living arrangement, plus the health problem (I hope it's better than you think!)----make a good case for being pessimistic. I'm glad you have Rocky. When the new house is finished, and some of the stress is relieved, maybe you'll feel better. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, worry about you and get excited to see a post. It's okay to have a downer when your life is in such an upheaval. Hopefully when you get settled in your new home you can relax with less stress. Our dogs were not well trained but we didn't care. They were full of love and that's what mattered. If I insist, my doctor will see me in person. Don't take no for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have gone through so much this year, understandably, you feel the way you do.

    You know I am a CNN viewer and I could not help but think of you when I heard that James Taylor and Carole King were going to have a concert this Sunday, January 2nd at 9:00 p.m. ET on CNN. If you do not have cable you can watch it free on CNN.com

    May the New Year bring us all health, prosperity, and renewed hope.

    ReplyDelete