Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Facebook

I was reading some of my really old blog posts, including one from December 2010.   I wrote about people taking over my Facebook account and posting their own entries on it.  I could never get removed from FB, as it requires info from when I originally opened my account, which I obviously don't remember nearly 12 years later!  I quit using it because I thought it was such a scam, but couldn't ever close it.  (Hotel California:  "You can check out any time you like, but you just can't ever leave!")  After a few years I went back to look at it, and it had been taken over by a total stranger.  I quickly deleted him and all his friends and posts, but I still can't close the account.  I do check it out periodically to prevent another takeover.

The old blog posts brought back memories - including when I bought a 5th wheel camper and drove it across the U.S. from Virginia to California.  I wasn't a spring chicken then, but now I can't even imagine an older gal like me having the nerve to do that, including driving that rig over the Los Angeles freeways!  One thing I learned was to get behind and follow an 18-wheeler.  I always remembered that if I was far back enough to see his side mirror, then he could see me in back of him.  A lot of times cars would slip in between us and then I would have to drop back a bit.  To this day I don't even like riding in a car on the freeway.  But as long as I was still driving, I tried to get behind a big rig and stay a safe distance behind.  My experience is that they never exceed the 65mph speed limit, so I could smile when I saw police hiding out to catch speeders!  I was "holier than thou"!

As for Facebook (whatta scam!), I still have it and check it out periodically just to make sure there aren't any surprises!  If someone could tell me how to close it and get rid of my account forever, I would certainly appreciate it.

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Face Book is a pain for sure. That happened to my friend and this pig was posting all kinds of filthy pictures of herself, she changed all the passwords and my friend couldn't get any help from FB either. I don't remember how she closed the account of if she just let it go.
    I would be in the same boat as you if I had to close my account who remembers that far back and the way they make you change your passwords all the time. Maybe someone will comment with the answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea someone could just take over your Facebook account...one more reason to not ever open one for myself. What a shame that Facebook does not assist you in its closure or when it is hacked. Sorry I can not offer any advice.

    On YouTube, I like to follow Bob Wells as he interviews many ladies like ourselves who are no longer spring chickens and they travel all over the USA mostly in vans and the latest craze in cars that they have adapted for travel. Others meet like-minded people at events he sponsors and some ladies have formed groups that travel together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to delete permanently or only temporarily your Facebook account the information to do it by asking the question under Help.https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674/

    ReplyDelete