Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 13, 2021

Boycott!

Every so often I get disgusted with a particular company and I swear I'm going to boycott them forever.  Because they have everything there is to sell, and it's so easy to order from them online, I always go back to shopping with them.  Now, I really want to be done with them. 

This company told employees in their facility near Mayfield, Ky., that they could be fired if they left their workstations to check on their families when the recent tornado was approaching and touched down in the area.  If they must do that to keep their prices low, then I don't need their cheap merchandise!  I'd rather pay more to a company who values its employees as human beings.  I have decided to write them a letter and send it through the mail, to notify them that I will no longer spend my money buying from them.  What kind of people own and operate a business that treats their employees like robots rather than as human beings?  Should we enrich their dirty coffers by spending our money to buy through them?  I'm finished with Amazon!

I've had an absolutely do-nothing day today.  Rocky and I spent the day stretched out on my bed - me reading and Rocky snoozing!

 

10 comments:

  1. It was the Mayfield Candle Companythat told workers they would be fired if they left not Amazon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also read that the Amazon drivers were warned to not leave the job or they could be fired. I'm sure there are other companies that place very little value on their workers' safety.

      Delete
  2. I heard they tried to get people to safety but not fast enough. But I haven't used Amazon for a few years now. They have a cocky attitude. I knew of 3 people who's accounts where hacked through Amazon and had been wiped out. I closed my account and received the nastiest email from them. I could no longer use my Kindle because you can only use Amazon for books. Yet 9 mths later they charged me for a book I had on order but could not load to my kindle. Amazon is a horrible place to work also they do treat their employee's like trash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon released a statement that said, among other things, that their thoughts and prayers are with the victims. I guess that makes them ok

      Delete
  3. I Googled and could find no source of any story that said Amazon threatened to fire people. There was ample coverage of the Candle Factory threats, however. I have used Amazon for 19 years and have absolutely no complaints about their service. I LOVE being able to take returns to my nearby Kohl's. I don't even have to have the original packaging. Yesterday I returned a jacket that was too large. Money back in my account within hours. And, a bonus coupon for Kohl's.
    I hope you, Gypsy, are feeling better, and having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazon seems to be one of those businesses that you either love or you hate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is from Snopes: (Note, I don't agree or disagree that it's true. There are too many different reports out there to know what is true or not.)
    "A screenshot of a text message sent by an Amazon driver shortly before a tornado struck a warehouse in December 2021 stated that "Amazon won't let us leave." While this text message is real, we do not have enough information to confirm what measures Amazon did or did not take vis-a-vis workers' safety during the emergency. An OSHA investigation into the deadly incident is ongoing."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am slowly easing myself back into the cable news channels that I left back in August during the Afghanistan exodus only to be followed by the Haitian Immigration Crisis that touched Del Rio. With that said, I have only heard employees' accounts of how the candle company would not allow them to leave but then they interviewed a manager who said she signed several permission slips so some could.

    With regards to Amazon, it has been said that they told them to look for a safe place, and for some that safe place resulted in being next to a wall that caved in on them killing them...I do not know what to believe.

    I am finished with Amazon even though living in a small town where the closest large city is three hours away it was in some ways beneficial to order from them. They sent me a crappy telephone cover that was not the correct one, I wrote to them three times, got a reply once, and then never heard from them nor received a refund. I have also heard that they treat their employees lousy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard several years ago that males working for Amazon kept a pee bottle at their desks because they weren't given adequate breaks to use the restrooms. I don't know if that is true, but other stories about Amazon make it believable.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Gypsy. I sure do hope all is well with you! It's been way too long since we heard from you!

    ReplyDelete