Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Update

I saw an orthopedist today who had access to my xrays.  He seemed to think my injury isn't isn't as bad as first thought, although it looked absolutely horrible.  I go back next week and get a new, more permanent cast that I'll have to wear for 6 weeks.
 
I wanted to bring you up to date.  I'll try to update now and then but typing with one finger is tedious!  I still have a lot of pain, but hope that will ease a bit in the next week or so.  I sure hate the side effects of the pain meds.

7 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you and thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update...I was thinking of you today...Glad you didn't need surgery,..hope it heals quickly. I guess your dog sitting for your son will have to be cancelled.
    My mom was over 85 & still quite agile, but slipped on ice & broke her wrist...she had to wait 2 days for surgery & had a pin put in it...I remember when they removed the cast, when I saw the size of the pin they removed, I had to look away 🙂
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted an update especially one with a little bit of good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for keeping us updated. Lets hope you heal well. I know pain pills have nasty side effects but they beat the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and hoping for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the pain goes away soon. No fun being incapacitated for long. 😖

    ReplyDelete
  7. This second doctor isn't instilling confidence in you, I think. I'd suggest you ask him to explain exactly what he's going to do-and why-until you are sure of him. Or ask for a second opinion. Please always ask questions no matter the treatment at hand. Doctors are people, not gods.

    ReplyDelete