Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Better days!

Well after my short spell of "down" yesterday, things started to look up as soon as Steve came over with Liam.  Steve put the new paneling in place, and now I need to paint it to match the walls and I'm good to go.  Then I will get Joe to put the trim around the windows and I can buy some curtains.  (Click to enlarge the photo.)



While Steve was working , Liam noticed my new coffee grinder that arrived the day before.  He was very curious as to how it worked, so I put a scoop of coffee beans in it and let him at it.  He ground it with ease, but about midway through the grinding I decided to adjust it to be a little more coarse.  After making coffee this morning with those grounds, I think I will go still more coarse although it was pretty good.  Now I will have to do it myself a few times!  It is a very simple device - put the beans in the top section, turn the crank, and watch through the little window at the bottom to see the grounds pile up.





My mood lightened considerably when they were here and this morning I awoke feeling great.  To make it even better, the mailman showed up today with the Melitta coffee pot.  I ordered a 6 cup system and now wish I had gotten the 8-10 cup, although this will work fine.  The one Jeannie has is 8 cups, so if we are camping together we can actually use both.  I drink about 6 cups in the morning, although that is only 3 standard size coffee mugs.




I drove to Costco this morning and was able to drive right up to the gas pump - not much traffic there, and filled my tank at $2.49/gal.  California always has higher gas prices especially for their summer formulation, and I think they are trying to add another tax for road or bridge repair - whatever it is, it is probably desperately needed.  Out of all the roads and bridges across the country, I'd be surprised if half of them were in good repair and safe to drive on.

I bought a lot at Costco and the first order of the day when I arrived back home was to put the ice cream in the freezer!  I figure life is too uncertain with all the idiotic world leaders, living in the shadow of Yellowstone which doesn't look promising, and the threat of a mini ice age or global warming, whichever you want to believe, plus misc. earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis.    So I will give up a lot of things in the interest of good health and frugal living, but ice cream isn't going to be one of them!

But other than the fact that it is so hot it was almost unbearable to go out and get the mail, I'm in a happy mood.  Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this window is taking a lot of stress off of me, and of course, the big bowl of ice cream I've already eaten has helped as well.

13 comments:

  1. Happy days are here again Gypsy. Always enjoy life! Happy is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - happy days are wonderful. I don't know what got into me yesterday but I'm glad it didn't hang around long.

      Delete
  2. I love your justification I am heading out to make myself a BIG bowl of ice cream with fresh raspberries I picked my self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to go for my second bowl today, before I pop open a beer, which I also bought today!

      Delete
  3. I knew it! I was going say you were having ice cream withdrawal symptoms and suggest you get some. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ice cream plus the beer (see my response to JB, above).

      Delete
  4. Oh you coffee grinder showed up, what a nice looking machine and the bigger Melitta also. And your son showed up and fixed the paneling, I would be in a good mood to with all this good stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all came together at just the perfect time to get me out of the mood I was in.

      Delete
  5. My wife and I like coffee but I like mine extra strong and she likes hers on the weak side. So, we make ours one cup at a time using those funnel type things that sit on top of the coffee up and hold those filters. Works for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those units also but not sure where it is! I don't like weak coffee, but I sure can't drink strong either. My dad made it just right - medium - and that's the way I've loved it ever since. (My mom was a tea drinker herself, but she could make a perfect pot of coffee!)

      Delete
  6. Ice cream fixes anything. I had some as a reward for hiking 6.5 miles to work of the calories I was going to take in by eating it. HA! You are really fixing up your house. Glad to hear you are feeling chipper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to feel more chipper tomorrow. Today the heat is almost destroying me!

      Delete
  7. Oh Gypsy, my comment was just sent to "comment heaven"!!!

    Anyhow, I am glad you are back to your old self.

    ReplyDelete