Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 7, 2017

Recuperating

I'm trying to take it easy today after the activities of the weekend.  Just the energy of all the people around gets me keyed up and then extremely tired.  I miss Mike and his family, and hope their trip back to NY is a smooth one.

For now I'm just trying to do as little as I can, although I washed two baskets of laundry and took them over to the dryers in the laundry room.  Steve knows someone who is buying a new washer and dryer and is looking into getting the old dryer for me.  It depends on whether the person wants to let it go as a set.  That would make it so much easier for me to have a dryer here.  I only do laundry every two weeks, sometimes longer, so I doubt the electricity would make much of a difference.

It is a hot week but I hope it doesn't get into triple digits.  It feels really hot when I have to go outside though.  Thank goodness it is cool in the morning when I get my errands done.  I need to make myself go to the gym early and walk as many days a week as I can.  I've been remiss in doing much of anything and it is beginning to take its toll on me.

My niece took several group photos this weekend and I tried to cut and paste one that I'm in so I should show you my haircut.  Whatever photographic program she uses is not compatible with my severely limited skills,  and I can't do it.  I could just show the group photo but I decided a while back to not post photos of my family.  I know the rest of the gang is posting like crazy on facebook, but I don't agree with that.

I think I'll eat my dinner soon before I lose my appetite.  I made a beef soup with potatoes and a few other vegetables, and it looks and smells good even though I'm really not crazy about beef.  I bought a lot of it when I found out my iron was low.  I have an appointment with the doctor in a week or so and I am going to ask for a blood retest as I want to know where I stand.  I'd sure love to quit taking the iron tablets, but I'll probably have to continue with them.  I haven't had the severe bruising on my arms that I've had in the past when supplementing iron.  I sure could never tell by my energy level that it's doing me a bit of good!

6 comments:

  1. Did they check your B12 level? Being around a lot of people for any length of time is really hard on me mentally and physically. Even if I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the B-12 level was checked and is perfect. I think losing energy when in crowds has more to do with my personality type - I'm an introvert; I love being with people and talking to them, but I have to recharge my batteries in solitude. A more outgoing personality gets energized when they are among lots of people and activities.

      Delete
  2. I'm a pretty outgoing personality but get very drained by socializing and have to have a lot of quiet time. Hope you get the dryer. They are often fir sale on Craigs list very cgeapkym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several degrees of introverts, and you probably fit into one of them, but not quite all the time.

      Delete
  3. Know what you mean - good to have visitors but a relief when they leave as I get back to my routine. Entertaining sure does tire one out... Love beef soup and haven't had it for years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup turned out very well, but I'll be tired of it by the time it's gone!

      Delete