Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Big Difference

Just seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel has made a big difference in my outlook on my continual state of fatigue.  I will take whatever shots or pills are recommended when they find out what will help me.   The one thing I WON't do is to undergo a barrage of tests to find out what is causing it.   I've been through all those tests at one time or another, and more often than not the results are normal and I'm back where I started, but the medical center has billed Blue Cross thousands of dollars.     Fortunately I have pretty good insurance so I'm sure they would like to test me to the nth degree for things that they know are irrelevant.  To me, that is fraud, waste and abuse.   I don't care what is causing it, and I am not demanding a cure, I just want some relief.

I went to the market this morning but didn't buy much - I did get a big bag of walnuts because I know the price is going to go way up.   I also talked to the "avocado lady" about the growing season they just came through - with winds and rains blowing the blossoms off the trees at the wrong time, and then rain and hail knocking much of the developing fruit off a little later in the growing season.  She also told me that the temperatures this summer have run to 117F, with ground temperature being 123F in some places.  By this time next year it may be impossible for many of us to afford the fresh produce we've become accustomed to.

You may remember I recently bought 2 new pairs of sandals, one of them being my beloved Birkenstocks.    When I get dressed in the morning I always put on the new Birkies but take them right off and wear my old ones.  They are so comfortable and well fitting since the salesperson punched some new holes in the straps so I could tighten them up a bit.  

I'm halfway sleepy but couldn't fall asleep for a short nap, so I'd better go do some jumping jacks or something to wake me up completely!

 

3 comments:

  1. I figure tests at my age are fruitless. The only time I get a blood test is when my yearly prescription of thyroid meds runs out of refills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about tests, but don't mind the periodic blood test.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to chime in so late as I am just now catching up with your blog. Today Sunday, August 20th I went to Walmart and was shocked to see avocados selling for .98 cents each. Thanks to this post I now know why.

    ReplyDelete