Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Walking wounded

I have been wounded by an oleander bush!  I was pulling some grass and weeds from around the bush and jammed my forearm into a thick wood branch that had been blunt cut.  I need to get some sort of power saw that I won't kill myself with, so I can do some proper trimming on the big bushes in my yard.  The skin on my arm is so thin to begin with from having taken daily aspirin for many years, and what this encounter did to the skin is gross.  Earlier in the morning I had driven to the gym and felt I was on top of the world -- absolutely joyous.  When I hurt my arm I only wanted to crawl back into bed and cry!  (I didn't do that, but my mood was shot for the day).

We had a lot of rain overnight that started around dinner time.  From maybe 7 or 8pm until I went to bed at midnight the wind was howling and the rain came in sheets and hit the roof as well as everyting on the driveway.  I don't mind the rain, but I don't like the heavy winds.

Today the rain has stopped long enough for me to go out and pull some of the grass and weeds that have grown up overnight.  I am so damn sick of doing this.

I have been craving sweets for months, and yesterday I picked up the Girl Scout cookies I had ordered before I got serious about my low sugar diet.  God bless the girl scouts!

I don't have much to write about, which is why the lag between this and my last post.  So I'll just wish everyone a good week ahead, and I will sure try to stay away from killer oleander bushes!

10 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and for sure enjoy everyone of your Girl Scout
    Cookies. Sounds like you definitely deserve them ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think I deserve the cookies, and I will surely enjoy every last one of them!

      Delete
  2. Hope your arm heals well. Sounds like you didn't have any leaks from the rain. That's good and so is the rain for California and Nevada. Are you a thin mints eater? I liked those coconut ones myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good on any leaks, but it's an old mobile home and who knows where water is getting in. At least not in the roof where I had all the problems for a while.

      I bought two boxes of Peanut butter patties (covered in chocolate), my new favorites, and one box of shortbread. I always called them Trefoils but for some reason the name was changed to shortbread!

      Delete
  3. Oleander's can be a real pain. You can't even kill them if you try.

    So yes you sure deserve those cookies. I love Peanut butter patties. I have to almost run from the girl scouts selling cookies in front to the stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved the oleanders in CA - they often line the median in the middle of the highways for miles and miles. I need to learn how to prune them and then get the proper equipment.

      Delete
  4. You yard injuries has confirmed my determination to avoid yard work as much as possible:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a pretty smart sttitude to take. The yard is full of deadly plants and who knows what else, just lying in wait to strike!

      Delete
  5. You and my wife must be related. You both are always getting hurt on something or another.

    ReplyDelete