Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 25, 2016

Shopping Trip

Steve, his sidekick Liam, and I went to Home Depot and Lowe's yesterday.  I made all my selections, not too difficult for me because I don't like things elaborate but prefer simplicity.  We brought home the wall tile, mostly white with some marbling, and floor tiles, brown with lots of mottling and other colors splashed in.  Since I'm doing everything with white fixtures and will use a light paint color on the walls, I hope the darker floor tiles sort of anchor everything.  The tub, toilet, shower fixtures, and vanity top plus incidentals will be picked up when Steve can borrow his friend's truck.  

I decided to keep the vanity base I have and just get a new top (the old one is difficult to keep clean and feels dirty even after scrubbing).  I've reduced and reorganized the items I keep in the vanity itself, so I don't want a larger one or anything fancy.  It is a wonderful feeling not to have to be concerned with always getting more storage units and using every bit of space available.  

I'm coming along with the decluttering although it still looks like a yard sale inside my house.  After walking on the treadmill this morning I went shopping for a few small items and bought some liner for the kitchen drawers.  Now I have to take everything out of the drawers, remove the old liners and scrub everything clean, and then I'll be ready to call that job finished.  I've reorganized most of the upper cabinets, but will have to take everything out to clean them properly.  If I sound like a cleaning freak, I'm not.  Once it is all cleaned I won't obsess about it at all.

All this work and exercise keeps me hungry!

4 comments:

  1. Really sounds like you are making some nice improvements to your home with the help of Steve and Liam. I know you are going to love it when it is all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be able to help loving it when it's finished - I've lived with an awful bathroom since I moved into this house. I probably should have stayed home more rather than spend the money on travel, and I could have fixed it up years ago!

      Delete
  2. How exciting to be getting your new bathroom. I thought I posted on this, must have been dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see it finished. I looked at the wall and floor tiles again today and really love them.

      Delete