Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 2, 2015

We finaly got rain!

Probably not much rainfall, but what we got is sure welcome.  The temps won't get out of the upper 50's today and I'm chilled, but when I go out in a few minutes I will be able to wear a new rain jacket I bought.  It is warm even without the zip out lining, so I'm ready to stay comfortable.  

I have my small Lasko heater in front of me now to take the chill off.  I bought the heater when I lived in my 5th wheel several years ago, and I'm still loving it.  On cool mornings I have it in the bathroom to warm the air enough for my shower, and I like being able to move it around wherever I am.  

About two years ago I bought another heater that I thought I would like, but it blew a fuse within a minute of turning it on.  So I'm back to the Lasko.  I'd like to buy a new one but Walmart is where they carry them and I seldom get to Walmart.  When I do go there I try to get in and out quickly before I get angry, and never think of the heater.

I've been  putting off a chore for months now, and that is to empty out the "black hole" that exists in the cabinet under the bathroom sink.  It gets to the point where I have to put an item inside and then close the door quick so it doesn't fall back out.  I'm hoping I can throw a lot of things out, but you know how you can go for years and not use something, but you need it just after you throw it away.  

The sun is peeking out through the clouds and makes the world look so much brighter.  I appreciate the rain though, and hope we have some more of it.  I noticed that the layers of dust and dirt on my car washed away pretty well.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy: I found a great little heater made by Optimus. It has the distinction of having "carbon barrels" instead of the ceramic. It really heats a medium sized room area well and gives off very nice radiant heat as well as being energy efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gypsy: I found a great little heater made by Optimus. It has the distinction of having "carbon barrels" instead of the ceramic. It really heats a medium sized room area well and gives off very nice radiant heat as well as being energy efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could send you some of our excess rain:) I am now in the mode of getting rid of stuff and asking questions later. I just cannot stand having all that stuff everywhere, but that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had rain even if it was only a little, maybe more will come. I have been using the little electric fireplace in my computer room in the morning, but need to go get one of the small ones out of the shed for the bathroom. I don't want to turn on the furnace yet. I did some cleaning out yesterday and shredding lots of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lasco heater here in the coach and love it too. Bed Bath and Beyond carries them I think. I know exactly what you mean about the minute you decide you haven't used something in a year and send it on, within days you are needing that. We've now moved into your problem with too much heat. The Keys of Florida are not the place to be in November we have discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Lasko heater I bought three years ago. Unfortunately, it is back in Houston.

    Mother made me pack up a lot of things in the black hole of her bathroom, unfortunately she replaced them with other items that will be doomed to the same fate.

    ReplyDelete