Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Confused!

I had to look at my computer this morning to find out what day of the week it is!  Things are pretty bad when they get to that point!  I was thinking I had to change the clocks but then realized I have another day to go.  I will be so glad when we can just stay on the same time year around.  I have always thought it was a dumb idea - it made more sense for areas of the country that are mostly farms, because they could use the extra daylight hour.  But artificial lighting  has done away with that excuse.  I recall that when DST was instituted for the entire country, the big selling point was that golfers would have an extra hour to be out on the course.  I won't even say what I have always thought of that idea.  Imagine all the productivity lost at both ends of the time change - it takes a good two weeks to get used to it, and maybe more for some folks, and the best we can say for it is that golfers get an extra hour in the morning for the game.

I enjoyed having a fire in my fireplace last night.  Rocky and I were the only ones here, and I lit a log - an artificial one though.  I won't have a fireplace in the new house, and I will miss it.  The only one in the house will be in the master suite!  My son told me I could get a small electric fireplace, but I will have to see what they look like and how much space I will have.  I love seeing the flame and it cheers me up, but at this stage of the game I'm going to take whatever I get!

It's time to put my summer clothes away and get out the winter wear.  I have most of the items in my closet packed up and ready to move, and I just wish I could get it over with.  There is so much I should be doing but I simply have no energy for anything.

I have my Costco list ready and hope someone will take me shopping this weekend!  I need to be around people for a while! 

I'm wishing you all a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. A fireplace is a great thing to have I hope you get one even a small one would be nice.I miss the real wood burning one that was in the house I used to live in.I do thank God that we ever had those, don't you? Few folks on earth have been so blessed.-Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree totally. I'm finding it a bit difficult at my age to deal with things that probably wouldn't have bothered me a few years back. I've had a really good life, and it's still good although some things have changed so much and I don't seem to handle the changes as well now.

      Delete
  2. My mom was used to having a fireplace with a mantle in her city house so for next door here she found a small electric fireplace with mantle. Looked lovely & also gave heat if she wanted.
    bonus was a place to put her Christmas cards at Christmas as she did for the fifty years in her old house....I hope you arr able to get one you like for your new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely look into an electric fireplace. I find change more difficult to deal with as I age, but I can do it!

      Delete
  3. Lowes sells lots of different electric fire places and I'm sure Home Depot does too. Mine looks like a cast iron stove, I bought it for my little place in the mountains as it didn't have a heater. Now it sits in my computer room and on chilly mornings I turn it on so I don't have to use the furnace. And like Kawarthagal said above they have to ones that look like a regular fireplace and they come in all sizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen anything like that, but then, I've never looked! I'm going to check them out.

      Delete
  4. There were only two things I really missed a lot when we went full timing and that was my garden and our wood stoves. Hope you can get a fireplace that you will like though I'm not sure I would be able to afford the electricity for it these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure agree with you about the cost of electricity. With the "kids" living here my utility bills are rising - lights left on all over the place; heat on and doors open, etc. I've always tried to be conservative with resources but now I'm even more so. I just hope my utilities are on a separate meter in the new house. I think we will have solar as well, but I will still be my old conservative self!

      Delete