Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Delays

As if moving isn't difficult enough for me, I will have to do it more than once.  I guess our house is a little behind schedule, or at least estimated to be taking more time, no doubt because of delays in getting needed materials.  So at the end of November we will move into a house being vacated by a friend of Jeannie's; I'm not sure if we will be staying there until completion of our own house.  I love the neighborhood - it's an older one and more "in the city", which makes me feel very comfortable.  I can walk the dog and also go to a store with no problems.  There are businesses just a couple of blocks away and the ground is all level, as opposed to the more hilly nature of where I'm currently located.  Plus, and this is the BIG PLUS, there are sidewalks!  Sidewalks in good repair, with no cracks and upheavals!  But I don't know if I will survive two moves in short succession.  If only I could still drive.  I have a year left on my driver's license, but my eyesight is a problem.  I could probably drive ok but not in traffic; however, I really don't want to do that anymore.

Sometimes I just want to cry about my current state of affairs, but I know better than to open up the floodgates.   I'm sure there are many positives to look forward in the coming months, but I'm no Pollyanna, and I'm convinced that it's not going to be easy or fun for me.  And I, who had no problems packing up and moving to Ireland and then back to the U.S., and who has traveled around the world, don't want to pack up anything!  I'm just prolonging the problem because I am letting things go until the last minute.  Of course, Jeannie is packing some of my things and I'll probably never find them again.  If I didn't have Rocky to think about, I might run away from home!

But to end on a positive note, I get to "go bye-bye" in a few minutes!  Jeannie needs to go to a few stores, including Michael's Crafts, and I'm beyond the moon about getting to walk into a store where there are people, even though we are all masked!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will only have to unpack a few necessities and leave the majority of your stuff packed til the final move. The older neighborhood sounds like a great place for you to take a break and get outside more with Rocky. Find a dog Cafe where you can sit and have a muffin. Take time to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestions. I should definitely take time to breathe once in a while. And I know I'm going to enjoy the new neighborhood, if only for a short while.

      Delete
  2. Everyone is feeling the crunch on supplies for their new builds or additions. Sandie has a great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete