Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year, 2021!

I hope everyone out there who sees this post will have a good year to come.  Thankfully, 2020 is over and done with, and I don't think many people will miss it.  I have been so housebound and starved for people to connect with, and hope it won't take much longer to get back on track to normal.

A couple of puppies have been added to my kids' families the last few months, Jeannie acquired a little scrappy dog - can't remember his breed(s) - and his name is Tito!

Ara is in town for the holiday season with her Australian Cattle Dog, Simone.  And Steve and his family added another dog to their family - a baby they are going to call Coco.  Mike's family in NY adopted an older dog that I believe is a Yorkshire Terrier, whose name is Olivia.  While it puts me in the mood to get a puppy, my Rocky is still technically a puppy  - I think I've heard that puppyhood for Black Labrador Retrievers can be anywhere from 2 to 5 years, and one of my nieces swears her lab "puppy" lived to age 13 and never did get to the adult stage!  I just hope if the mood strikes me to get another dog, that my kids will do a quick intervention!

I would say we are having our "cold" weather now, but I'd be laughed off the internet by some of you who live in colder climes.  It's cloudy and 55 degrees here right now, and I'm freezing.  I wear a warm hat, jacket, and gloves when I walk Rocky and I still get chilled.

After having my garden absolutely ruined last year by planting some seeds I received (unasked for) from China, I swore off gardening forever.  But I am now in the planning stages of what I will plant this year and how I will arrange the plants.  Tomatoes and squash will be the main veggies, although I will add a few more plants to see what grows and if it's worth the effort.  I will have 5 or 6 varieties of tomatoes, plus zucchini ad yellow squash.  Last year I grew all the plants from seed and it was so much fun to watch them sprout and grow.  This year I'm thinking of buying established plants, but haven't yet decided for sure.  At my age I should be trying to make life easier for myself!  

I wish you all the best of years ahead, and hope if you have found my blog post, you will accept my belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 

 

16 comments:

  1. So glad to see your post. I told Jim I wanted another dog and he about had a heart attack. But I know we can no longer handle another dog. Skitz takes so much work. No more!!!
    But I still love those fur babies. 2021 has got to be better than 2020. It just has to be. So I wish you a very Happy, Healthy and Joyus New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like a dog to make your life worthwhile! They take a lot of love and work, but they repay anything you give them a thousand times over. I should have had my head examined when I got a purebred lab. Purebred means he doesn't have any qualities that sort of "tone him down", but his exuberance and joy for life is what makes him so special.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you and Rocky. It’s nice to see your post, it lets us know that you are OK. I am also getting tired of being restricted from shopping and seeing other people. Hopefully that will change soon. I’ll take the vaccination as soon as it is offered to me.
    Have a good year 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waffle back and forth on the vaccine. My youngest son is a certified respiratory therapist and works in the hospital that gets all the covid patients. He is hesitant about the vaccine, but I imagine he will probably get it. He doesn't want to be among the first, however.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! I was beginning to worry that something was wrong. Glad to see the post.
    When I worked in a pet food store, that was something I heard too.."Labs are puppies for the first five years". I always enjoyed getting to know the customers dogs. My little dog came from the clinic where my daughter was a vet tech. She had bladder stones and her unemployed owner had to give her up...she needed surgery.. she's 13 now & we have had her about 10 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've been suffering from depression for several months, and probably still am, and I just didn't feel like posting. I've made some new year's resolutions and hope to get myself back on track, but at my age it isn't easy.

      Delete
  4. Always good to see a post from you. I am certain 2021 will be much better than 2020. Every time I see the Covid-19 numbers on TV, I think of you and wonder how you are doing and if your area is on lockdown.

    May the New Year bring nothing but good things to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time I go out is to walk the dog and I see others out walking too. So I guess I'm on self-imposed lockdown! By the way, when two people are walking and before they meet, one always crosses the street. So everyone is trying to stay distanced and as safe as possible.

      Delete
  5. Good to see a post from you.

    This New Year is going to be better it just has too. But even with the vaccine people still need to stay masked until it is a positive that this stinking virus is gone.

    So many new puppies in your family. But the best name is Olivia for the Yorkie the name just fits the breed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - 2021 has to be better - it couldn't get much worse! I think I read somewhere that many people are adopting dogs because they are staying home during the pandemic.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Gypsy!!! My dog has been a lifesaver during this past year. Sometimes I go several days without talking to anyone. She is a lot of company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same way with mine. I feel so sorry for him - a friendly black lab with lots of energy. I sure hope we start to recover in the next couple of months.

      Delete
  7. Wishing you and your family a Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year.
    Our daughter's Red Lab is still a puppy at Nine years old.
    If you are planting from seed March would be a good time to plant them.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my lab is ever going to grow up in the sense that most dogs grow up to be calm and act like adults! I look at him and he is so "drop dead gorgeous", has a wonderful personality, and is beautiful in every way, but he is a ball of energy also.

      Delete
  8. Hope u have a great New Year too!!! your garden sounds like it will be fun and lots of good things coming from it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I have high hopes for it this year.

      Delete