Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Finally, a sunny day!

I should go out into my backyard and see if the grass has dried up a bit, so I can try to gather the tree limbs I lost last week in the windstorm.  I should, but I won't.  Maybe later.

I've just been trying to stay cool, calm, and collected but it is so hard most days.  First of all, my, bank account which I've had since about 1958, has changed drastically.  It is a credit union account and I've loved being with them all these years, but now they must have a newly hired developer who has taken them completely off the rails.  I don't have the patience for it, so I'm trying, with Jeannie's help, to get things in order and transfer my accounts over to a credit union that I belong to here in Sacramento.  I should have done it years ago but didn't foresee the way things would go.  For the record, I am of the opinion that a credit union and/or bank should be at least moderately conservative.  That is the one area of my life where I want conservatism - for the rest, I am open to most change and innovation.

When looking over the banking records for the past year I was totally shocked at how much money I've been spending.  Because I'm so housebound I have to order most things online, and it has really gotten out of hand.  I'm really sick of this pandemic and how it's changed my life, and I'm sure I'm not alone in my outlook.

We've had enough rain the past week that it looks like my back yard is full of green grass; in actuality, my back yard is full of green weeds!  I want to do a garden this year and should be starting my seeds indoors in February, but I'm not sure if I'm up to it.  I keep thinking this is a phase I'm going through which won't last long, but 80 must not be a phase but an actual slowing-down age!  Another thing holding me back is that I will need to get things like potting soil, fertilizer, etc. delivered.  I'm not sure that I want to spend all that money!  I guess I could plant the seeds in plastic cups like I did last year, and if I don't feel like replanting them in a couple of months then I can just toss them out.

About a week ago I had an opportunity to get the first covid vaccine (Pfizer).  I can't remember if I posted about this, but want to say that after a week I have had absolutely no aches, pains, or any discomfort at all.  I hope the 2nd shot goes as well.

For having done nothing for the past year I'm surprised I could find anything at all to write about.  I hope you are all staying safe and well.  Here's hoping to an end to the spread of this pandemic.  I know we are all sick of it!

 

5 comments:

  1. If you start you seeds inside you could have your kids plant them for you under the guise that you are teaching them. Since you added soil to the garden last year you should not have to do it again this year.
    We are all hoping this is gone soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about this bank changing business, I have had a money market acct. for about 12 yrs they recently changed to a different bank and my interest for the 1/4 was so low I almost fainted. Going to change to a credit union this week I'm not going to put up with this while there telling us how wonderful the economy is doing.

    Yes I also order way to much online things since I do not go to stores but the shipping on some items is a killer. I try to do mostly free shipping but not all online shopping is free.

    Like you I am sick of being home all time. I have started some new crafts which is where all the spending had come from.

    Have a great week Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Spending too much money online, bored to tears, and tired of trying to deal with banks or the DMV or whatever. But hopefully when summer comes the world will be looking up. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hardly ever buy anything on-line. Every 8 to10 days I go grocery shopping and stock up. Last September I did a 600 dollar shopping at Costco for staples. I actually spent quite a bit less in the last year but I have a wish list a mile long for the time when Covid is under control 😁 then my budget will burst 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Credit Union is located in Amarillo, Texas 455 miles from Del Rio which I have never even set foot inside of. They started making changes last year that I am not happy about. I am considering closing my account though I have been happy banking there for over 30 years.

    I have been spending less than pre-Covid mostly on food as we do not go anywhere except to doctor's appointments or the post office.

    ReplyDelete