Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 18, 2021

Flying my flag again!

I have it ready to set outside tomorrow, inauguration day.  I sure hope our country can set itself on a new, more firm and decent track.  To tell the truth, I am shocked and disappointed at the divisions we've experienced the last four years, although I can't say I'm surprised, considering who was running the country.  If we don't get decency back in our government at the highest levels, we are lost.  So the best of luck to you, Joe Biden - we are counting on you!

I wonder where has our winter rain been hiding, and when will it pay us a lengthy visit!  Today is a bright, sunshiny day, although a bit too breezy for me.  I cut short Rocky's walk this morning because of the winds.   A few days ago I looked at my checkbook register and noted that by this time a year ago, I was writing checks to have my grass cut.  It could probably stand a trim right now, but is nowhere near overgrown because of the lack of rain.  Actually, the entire back yard is composed of green weeds, but with my declining eyesight it all looks like green grass to me!

My granddaughter, Ara, made it safely home, driving halfway across the country after a lengthy visit over the holidays.  I miss her and her dog.  It was quite a commotion when all the dogs in the family got together and I don't think I could take it on a constant basis.  Since I rarely go out these days, the family usually gathered here at my house which fortunately has survived the rough and tumble of the dogs.

I'm starting to plan my garden although I haven't actually done anything yet.  I'll need Steve to turn over the dirt in the four large plots.  I'm going to plant squash and tomatoes again this year since they are about the only thing I will eat.  I actually don't eat many tomatoes but give them to Jeannie.  Steve is trying to talk me into planting a variety of vegetables, but I tell him that since I don't cook any more, it would be a waste of time and space for me.  Fortunately for me, the choice of good, delicious, frozen foods is available.  I have been an excellent cook all my life, and my 30 year old self wouldn't recognize the 80 year old!  Such is life! 

 After a lot of thought, I decided to continue writing a blog, although on a less frequent schedule this year.  Nothing much happens in my life so please bear with me.  And a big thanks to those of you who still read my ramblings!

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are going to continue to blog. Mine will have a whole lot fewer posts until we get to take off for the summer. Jim and I were just talking about how we have lost any desire to cook. Now I understand my folks just eating cereal for dinner. But with Jim being diabetic I keep trying to make sure he eats properly most of the time. Pur friend Paula just got a new puppy. A chihuahua/min pin mix so a little one. We get to puppy sit once in awhile which works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter just got a puppy (who is a real wild child) and one of my sons got a puppy as well. My lab will be three at the end of May, and I don't know if he is ever going to grow up!

      Delete
  2. It works well for all of us, especially Callie, the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you. According to tonights news you should be getting rain this week and us here too. But I'll believe it when I see it. Last time they said 50% it was more like someone spit. We need rain really bad.

    I thought I might post more but that only lasted a few days. LOL Maybe Thur. I will have something good to post, sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment on the rain - we need a good, soft, slow and steady rain for a day or two. Let's hope we both get it.

      Delete
  4. Great to hear from you again. I always check in every day. Too bad I cannot furnish some of our rain to you 😉 we get enough of it, yet, in the summer our pond goes dry. Our neighbour’s ducks are not happy. I can hardly believe that Rocky is already 3 years old. You are very lucky to have such a nice companion. The older I get the faster the time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you completely that the older we get the faster time flies. And it seems to go by even faster when we are confined to our homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you continue to write and are staying as healthy as possible.
    Like yourself we pray for Biden to bring the country back together but it will take years.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the horrifying events the past few weeks, I wonder if we will ever pull together as a country. It's shocking to see that divisions are so deep.

    ReplyDelete