Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Closing in on Christmas!

I don't even know the date today, but I think there are about two more weeks until Christmas Eve.  I haven't bought one gift, but need to get busy and write checks for my grandchildren!  They would probably rather buy something they want anyway.  

This just doesn't seem like Christmas or anything special in any way.  Covid has messed up every-thing in our lives, and could well have been prevented, or at least kept to a minimum of damage.  Someone should be held accountable and charged with refusing to stop the spread of it early on.  To be truthful, I don't think he particularly wanted to stop it.

I'm still watching the videos of WW-II photographs.  The only problem is that while a fake voice is reading the description of the picture on the screen, there is music in the background that is so annoying it's hard to describe.  It is happy, jolly marching music, and the same track runs over and over.  It is a bit incongruous hearing this lively music while the photos show deceased and injured war victims and scenes of war.  There are very few happy, jolly, or lively photos in the thousands I've seen so far, but they are very beautiful and touching in their own way.  If I turn off the sound, then I have to read the captions which are in very small print, so I'd rather hear the narration and try to tolerate the music.

We had a bit of rain today - not enough to make much difference, although it's a harbinger of the rains we hope will come soon.

I've had numerous tests and scans and everything seems to look ok.  But why do I still have "spells" that only last a few seconds, but I know something isn't right.  I just hope it isn't dangerous, lol.  A couple of weeks ago I was walking a mile every day on my treadmill, but have given up on it.  I just feel so "down", and probably will feel that way until it's deemed ok to go shopping!  A slow trip through Costco or Target would probably do wonders for my mood.  But they are saying the virus will be active for the next few months, and I hope I can last!

Well folks, I would sure like to skip Christmas this year, but I have to give something to the kids.  Other than that, I am not leaving my house to go anywhere on Christmas.  It certainly is not "Merry" this year and I'm just too old to fake it anymore.   I hope all of you have a better attitude than I do, lol.

8 comments:

  1. If the doctors are checking everything and not finding the answers to your dizziness it sounds like what I have. They always check to see if you have High Blood Sugar (Diabetes) but they seldom check if you have Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia). It requires a Glucose Tolerance Test where they have you drink a very sugary drink to see how your body is handling it. If that's what you have it means your body needs more sugar.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the season the best you can.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ask my doctor about that, although I would be shocked if I need more sugar. As I get older I crave sweets much more than any time in my life!

      Delete
  2. What your feeling about the holidays is felt pretty much everywhere. But I keep pushing myself along. I even managed to put a few lights outside on the house. Nothing like Christmases gone by. I pulled out a tiny village my ex SIL gave me a long time ago in his memory as he passed this year. So young but he had been sick since his birth.

    I keep wanting to know how you like your new computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the new computer at all and want to return it. I think once you have used a Mac for 11 years, as I have, you can't go back to Windows. Unfortunately, developers are trying to change all the things that made both the Mac and Windows intuitive and easy to use.

      Delete
  3. Jim really helped my spirits by decorating outside with lots of lights. But its still hard to get too excited. Hoping this vaccine makes a big difference so next year is completely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few decorations up, but it doesn't make much difference. There is nothing to celebrate when you are so alone and can't even go out and talk to folks in the grocery line.

      Delete
  4. If you're liking the WW2 videos on You Tube you might also like A Town Like Alice, which is also on You Tube. It's from Nevil Shute's novel, and was made into a 7 or 8 part series for Masterpiece Theatre in the eighties. It's about a British woman's experiences in Malaysia during WW2. I think it was the best Masterpiece adaptation I ever watched.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I might just look that up, although I don't normally watch movies. I love documentaries with films of events that actually happened. As I've mentioned, I was born in late 1940, and keep wondering what my parents thought and how they must have felt during those war years. It would have been a scary time.

      Delete