Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 7, 2020

The Nightmare is Over!

Now that the winner has been declared, Jeannie and I will pop the cork on the bottle of champagne this evening.  I sure hope that sanity returns to our national political scene.   Let's hope that Joe Biden can keep his calm demeanor throughout the next 4 years.  He is calm, but has a quiet determination that we can work with and support.  I am so happy to see this day as I often wondered if our great American experiment was finished.  There are so many problems ahead, and I hope none is insurmountable.  The biggest problem in my estimation is the sheer size of our population, which requires a corresponding size in the governance of that population.

Last week I had my eyes re-examined by Jeannie's eye doctor.  I was very unhappy with the doctor who had replaced my regular opthamologist who retired a few months ago, so I switched.  I am going to order the new prescription glasses today and really hope they will help.  I'm about at the end of the line as far as corrective lenses.

Our weather has turned much cooler, which is a relief to me.  I enjoy wearing a jacket or flannel shirt when going out to walk Rocky.  Speaking of Rocky, he senses I am going somewhere soon, and is trying to climb into my lap!  He isn't a lap dog, for sure.


  

13 comments:

  1. Congratulation to America! That was a long time coming. I hope he goes peacefully I doubt it though. Glad you are able to walk Rocky again. Good luck with your glasses. I have problems with my hearing, even the hearing aids don’t do a good job. 😒. All comes with getting older 😉
    Enjoy your wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am as happy as you are Gypsy...finally a President I can respect!

    I do not know where some of your readers get their information from...hopefully, with Biden as our President...they can educate themselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you not think for yourself? All you do is parrot the Republican playbook.

      Have you not noticed that Donald has deep psychological problems as said not by me but by his niece Mary Trump who has the medical credentials to make that determination?

      Vice-Presidential Elect Kamala Harris is a unique and highly educated woman and it matters not where she is from...she is an American...and you Gail in Buckeye, AZ are the type of individual that demonizes and divides our country. Shame on you!!!

      Delete
  3. I too am relieved tonight. I have great hopes that President Biden can help unite our country but it is not going to be easy because so many are not going to give him a chance. But tonight is full of hope and promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. MsBelinda, you can't argue with Stupid. These people just don't get it as they are no better than he is and are just plain hateful! Speaking of Dementia Gail you should get checked out.

      Im so happy things went as well as they did and we know have a caring President in Joe Biden and vice President Kamala Harris. Let make America Great like it used to be

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. Since this blog was turned into a political blog a few weeks ago by the blog owner, I have this to say. We just traded one nightmare for a different nightmare in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best analysis of the situation I’ve heard all week!

      Delete
    2. I'm liking this nightmare after that last one. Fish on !

      Delete
  5. It's such a huge relief that Biden won. Imagine what it will be like to have a level-headed, ethical, kind man as our President!

    ReplyDelete