Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Day After

Christmas turned out to be a fun experience at my house yesterday.  The tree was surrounded by stacks of gifts, and family filled the house.  Everyone brought delicious food and while I was nervous about hosting so many people in my house, it turned out to be so much fun.   Most of them left between 11pm and midnight, and Jeannie and I sat and talked until about 2am.  Rocky and I slept late this morning and have been napping throughout the day.  I'm relieved it all went so well, and that it is over with.

Everyone wore their pajamas to the party; everyone brought food.  It was a fun and comfortable gathering and I believe everyone really enjoyed it.

Tree and presents:   (Click on photo to enlarge)I
 
 Lab calendar:

 I know most people keep their calendars on their phones these days, but I'm an exception.  I love to hang a large calendar on my fridge, with all my appointments and pertinent notes scribbled in for each date.  Every year I always receive calendars from several different places - this past year I have been using one sent to me from the Arbor Day Foundation.  To date I haven't received one single calendar, so I bought my own.  I'm going to love using it, as it features my very favorite dog!

I want to mention a product I used to clean and shine my old, worn-out, ugly hardwood floors.  It didn't hide some of the worst spots, but as you can see in the first photo above, it looks pretty good.  Even after having a large crowd last night including my dog as well as Ara's puppy, the floor still looks pretty good.  I have enough left for at least one more, possibly two, applications.  I'm not sure how long this will last before needing another treatment, but I'm  very happy with it - the product is called Rejuvenate Floor Renewer - and includes a bottle of product for wood furniture as well.  It sure improves the look of my coffee table.

I hope you all had a very happy holiday (if you are one who celebrates it).  I'm feeling so good about Christmas this year I'm even thinking about making a couple of serious New Year's resolutions, which is something I've rarely done in the past.

The best of the season to all of you.

 
 

10 comments:

  1. So excited your Christmas turned out so good and especially that Rocky behaved himself. Sounds like everyone had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all enjoyed this Christmas. I certainly didn't expect to but I did. I think my New Year's resolution is to have a more positive attitude and outlook.

      Delete
  2. I am really glad that you had a nice Christmas. I didn't "do" Christmas this year but my daughter-in-law invited me down for a dinner of venison chili. My son even called from the north slope of Alaska. It was minus 39 up there. He should be home in a few days for a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good that you and your daughter-in-law shared Christmas dinner. What a Christmas treat for both of you, and both of you got to talk with your son/her husband.

      Delete
  3. Well you got all worked up for nothing you enjoyed it and sounds like everyone else did to. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sort of embarrassing that I let myself get so worked up and negative, but I've had a wake-up call and hope to be more positive this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad it all worked out and that a fun time was had by all. I had to smile when you mention that all the guests showed up in their pajamas, how fun!

    I bought my 2020 calendars as soon as Dollar Tree started selling them. I too prefer a real calendar versus those kept on smartphones. During January a lot of people take their extra calendars they get from charities they donate to during the year to the Recycling Center for others to take home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pajama thing was a nice and comfortable touch. And when they take the sleepy kids home they can fall right into bed. I love the labrador retriever calendar and the pictures for each month are so cute.

      Delete
  6. So glad your party went so well. I am sure they all had a wonderful time. Your floors look great so you worried for nothing! Glad you had a Terrific Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floors really surprised me. They don't look refinished especially in some of the bad spots, but definitely better than before. I need to run a mop over them now after all the traffic the past couple of days, so I'll see if I can expect the treatment to last for a while. It really makes a difference.

      Delete