Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 22, 2019

I'm running out of time

Here I am going into the week of Christmas, and I certainly haven't done much the past few days to get ready.  Donald is going to cook the meal so at least I don't have that to worry about.  Cleaning is what I have to do, and that is my least favorite thing.

The floors are hardwood and in horrible condition.   Because I sold my mobile home so fast and the buyer needed to move in as soon as possible, I arranged to move in here without much being done to the place after the former renters moved out.  The floors need complete refinishing.  I bought a product called "Rejuvenate" for which I don't hold much hope, but I'll try it.  Since we are having so much rain, I'm going to wait until late Christmas Eve or early Christmas morning to start cleaning them.  I think it will be mid-afternoon before my guests start arriving, so I should be ok although cutting it close.  I did a test run on a small area next to the tree, and it looks pretty good, although that isn't where the dog gets his paw prints and scuffs all over.

I have been laughing so hard this evening, and feel so much better because of it.  I've watched some Johnny Carson youtube videos.  That man was so funny, and I don't think there has been anyone on tv, or any late night commedian, to come close to Johnny.  He was particularly funny when he had animals on the show, and I watched a 30 minute compilation this evening of Johnny and various animals and birds.  He was particularly funny with chimps, gorillas, and other monkeys, especially the young ones.   TV has changed drastically since those days, and I don't think it has improved much, especially with regard to content.  I'm sure sick and tired of the political crap, and it's going to get worse in the coming months I'm afraid.  (I don't have a TV, but watch youtube to find out what is going on.)

I have been stuck inside for the entire weekend, with the exception of a 10 or 15 minute walk each day with Rocky.  His behavior cut it short yesterday, and today the rain was the cause.  I love this apartment so much better than the mobile home, but I sure preferred the location I was in before.  I saw people every day, and enjoyed walking Rocky.   Now I just feel trapped, and wonder - is this what it's like to grow old.  I sure don't think it will get any better.

I got Rocky's nails clipped on Friday, although they couldn't cut much off because they can't see the quick on his totally black nails, and it had been a while since he had them trimmed.  I need to take him back next week, and as the quick moves back a little each time the nails are trimmed, they can take more off.  Not being able to get there without bumming a ride, I can't keep to any kind of schedule.  Donald is one of the kindest people I know and I'm sure he would take me anywhere I need to go.  I don't want to overdo it and be a nuisance.  This morning before I got out of bed, Rocky  clawed my arm and it really looks bad.  Taking a baby aspirin every day, along with the aging process leaves my skin very thin and I bruise and bleed easily.  I can't complain about the aspirin because other than prescription eye drops, I don't take any kind of meds - just vitamins and a couple of supplements.



13 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures of you and Rocky. Your hair looks very nice.

    With Donald cooking dinner and your daughter taking care of the rest of the stuff at least it wont be so hard on you to host this Christmas gathering.

    I know you no longer drive but has your family driven by your old place to see how the new owner has it set up outside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am very happy going back to my old hairdresser. It costs me about 3x what I paid at Supercuts or one of those salons, but at least I know I'm getting a good cut and that it will be just as good every time I go.

      It isn't the work I have to do to have company, although that's a big part of it, it's maintaining the place until the company gets here.

      I doubt any of my kids has driven past my old house - I certainly don't want to see it. What's over with is "over" to me.

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures. You look wonderful and he is such a handsome boy. I'm hoping that maybe when Spring gets here there will be more people out and about in your neighborhood for you to meet.

    Jim's skin is thin like yours and if he even bumps something it will start bleeding.

    Family is coming to visit not to check out your floors. Hope you can relax and enjoy this time with special lived ones.

    Merry merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a deep sense of pride that maybe nobody notices, and it hurts my pride that my house is not up to what I would like. I am easy going in many respects, and could never be comfortable in a sterile environment, but I know what people's opinions of me probably are.

      Delete
  3. I love your hair, great cut! Very nice pictures of you and Rocky. Your tree is Beautiful. Merry Christmas and don't worry too much about those floors 5 minutes after everyone gets there they won't even be looked at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice compliments!

      There will be so many people crammed in here that you are probably right about no one looking at the floors! The problem is that I will know.

      Delete
    2. Merry Christmas Gypsy!!!! I bruise easily too and I use DerMend moisturizing bruise formula and it takes those bruises away quickly. I found it in the first aid isle in Walmart. Very nice photos.

      Delete
    3. I will try that as soon as I can get out to buy it. I look like an abused woman because of the bruising, and would love to find something to stop it.

      Delete
    4. I just looked Dermend up, and it's $60 from Amazon!

      Delete
  4. I would worry about the floors they will get dirty with people and puppies all over the place.
    Your pictures are lovely and look at Rocky being such a gentleman next to you.

    Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky has been pretty good lately, but he still wants to be a puppy for a while longer!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the great pictures! Agree about the haircut, and how Rocky is being so good. Wish you a happy time. And know you will be some relieved to have the stress over, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot imagine how relieved I will be the day after Christmas!

      Delete