Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Chilled to the Bone

It's all relative - I'm sure many of you in colder zones wouldn't mind trading with me.  Our weather is in the upper  50's during the day, and down to the 40's at night.  Next week the temps will drop about 5 degrees for both day and night.  It rains off and on which means it feels damp and chilly.  I often use my little Lazko heater in the bathroom when I take a shower, and in the living room when sitting on the couch.  It is so easy to move around.  But I dress warmly and throw a jacket on during the day if I get cold.  (It's cheaper than turning the heat up!)

It's hard to believe that Christmas Day is just one week away.  I will be glad when it's over with, and I am never going to let myself get this involved in the future.

I took Rocky to the vet to get his nails clipped today, and asked them if they could give me something to calm him down when all the company comes on Christmas Day.  They gave me 10 pills, and he can take 2 at a time - 3 if necessary.  I have my doubts they will do much good, with Ara bringing her puppy, and with all the people who will be here, including about 10 kids and 10-15 adults!

Rocky has done amazingly well with the Christmas tree.  He sometimes has tinsel clinging to his fur when he walks too closely by the tree, but he really hasn't bothered with ornaments or the tinsel, thank goodness.  Donald made an interesting observation today.  Rocky does a lot of things that he shouldn't, and I'm often telling him "No".  Donald says he doesn't get it:  "No, what?"    So I will have to pay closer attention and change my wording so he can understand what I mean.  As an example, Rocky jumps up when someone (especially the kids) comes in, and I say "Rocky, NO!".  Donald thinks he doesn't make the connection and that I should be more specific when I say "No".  It makes sense.  I'm sure half of the things he does that drives me crazy are my fault to begin with.  I think Donald majored in child psychology in college, so it no doubt applies to animals as well as kids.

I am so sleepy but it's only 8pm!  I should just go to bed.

I hope you are all prepared for the holidays, whichever you celebrate.   Take care and the best of the season to you all.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful holiday coming up. I think you and Rocky will both really enjoy it and may even change your mind about being glad it's over. I agree with you that I'm feeling much colder when it's in the 40's and 50's than I used to. I think because I haven't done a "real winter" in 9 years, my body has changed its definition of cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm sure that's what has happened to me, as I used to love cold weather and the changing of the seasons. Are you in winter now? Have any plans for future travels, hikes, etc? I wish I was closer because I would love to hike the Shenandoah with you, although I am probably in the worst shape of my life and it would be difficult to hike on a trail. Have a good holiday season your self!

      Delete
  2. Since my wife just recently passed away, I will not be in any holiday mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sure understand that, Diz. I think she will be with you, even if from a different realm. I wish you peace for the holidays.

      Delete
  3. What type of medication did the vet give you for Rocky? I'm thinking about asking for something for my two dogs next 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabapentin 300 mg capsules. They gave me 10 capsules, no refills. The dose is 2 capsules every 12 hrs; can give 3 capsules if needed. Rocky hurt his leg a while back and was limping and the vet gave me these capsules. I hope it works; Ara is in town and brought her puppy (4 months) over; the two dogs went crazy as I knew they would. She will bring the pup on Christmas Day, and I'm beside myself worrying about 20-15 people in a room with two rowdy dogs.

      Delete
  4. We seem to be having similar weather but we have only been in the low 30's at night and high 50's for the day, but it should warm up to low 70's the 21 -22 then drop down again. I dress nice a warm in the house to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surviving by dressing warmly, plus using my little heater aimed at me if I get chilled. As uncomfortable as being cold can be, being hot on a 100 degree day is much worse, to me, so I'm trying not to complain too much.

      Delete
  5. I can hardly wait for the holidays to be over. I can not go to the grocery store or any store for that matter without having to brave the crowds.

    It is so cold here and even though I have both a jacket and a coat on I can't seem to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are both on the same page: I am so eager for the holidays to be over and done with. And I'm freezing all the time so I wear a jacket in the house all day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Azuka my husband and i have been married for 5 years now we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant he can also help you contact him via email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com What’s app or call: +44 7520 636249‬



    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Azuka my husband and i have been married for 5 years now we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant he can also help you contact him via email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com What’s app or call: +44 7520 636249‬



    ReplyDelete