Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 4, 2019

I'm still alive and well!

Some things in my life go fairly well, and others give me a few problems.  I'm pretty sure that's the same for most of us.

I have a couple of photos of Rocky - I wish I knew how to touch up photos, as one of them shows the terrible condition of the hardwood floor.  The prior residents had two big dogs and the floor shows it.  I think I mentioned it on my walk-through, but thought I could live with it because I figured my dog would scratch the floor as well.  He has, and it just adds to the poor condition of it.  The discoloration shows in one of the photos, and I can't help it.  Click to enlarge.  Also, he is not the easiest dog to photograph, and he is way more beautiful than the photos show.







I'm not too thrilled with my gardening efforts this year.  I got a late start because of my move, and the fall planting got a late start because I had to wait for someone to use the rototiller in the additional beds.  So this year has so far produced a lot of tasty squash and tomatoes.  I have peas growing now, and some other things - I think carrots and possible some leafy greens - maybe kale and chard.  As I mentioned, I really didn't think anything would come up so I didn't keep records of what I planted where.  As they come up, I can sort of figure out what some of them are while others are still a mystery.  The grass is sure growing well in the garden, however.

I have to leave in a few minutes to meet my granddaughter, Autumn, when she gets out of school.  I guess the 1st quarter grades came out, and she got a 4.0 score, which is perfect!  All of her classes except for Math are honors classes, and when I see the kind of homework she has, I just don't know how she can keep up with it, or how any 7th grader could for that matter .  

And while I'm bragging, I got an email from Steve, about my grandson, Liam.  

Liam won the confidence award at school.  This is given to one kid per class for their confidence in their work, and classroom leadership.

There are so many distractions for kids today and I know it is a great achievement for both Autumn and Liam.  I'm so happy for them and proud of them.

Well I was gone for about 15-20 minutes.  I left two individually wrapped, boneless-skinless chicken breasts at the back of the countertop to thaw.  (You know where this is going!)   When I got back I found an empty wrapper - he must have eaten one of them, still frozen, and the other was on the floor but intact in its heavy plastic wrapper.  Right now you can imagine which of my lists he is on!




5 comments:

  1. I love the way he crosses his paws. He is a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have some very cute mannerisms. But he sure knows how to get my attention.

      Delete
  2. I love the last picture of him. But yes they sure can get into things and get our attention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's sleeping on the sofa next to me now and looks so sweet and innocent. If he was a human I'd say he has a dual personality!

      Delete
  3. Gypsy, Certainly nothing negative when speaking of Rocky as "lean". Yes, he is beautiful- in fact, downright hug-able. I bet he is in his 'glory' with many new faces to meet. Daughter and I really laughed about his chicken grab while you were gone to the school. We both have many canine rogues among us. I tell her often about Rocky, for she has Sarah, a real "twin" to him.

    ReplyDelete