Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Marty, Marty, Quite Contrary

How Does Your Garden Grow?  Sorry that it doesn't quite rhyme!

I love looking at the garden as I have beautiful squash plants growing well.  I don't know if they are yellow squash or the green zuchinni, but more likely they are the yellow.   No carrots or red peppers,  but that may be because of Rocky disturbing the soil.  He wanted to get into that plot of garden from the beginning - I guess there is something about the coolness of freshly turned dirt that is appealing.

I've been trying to weed the second plot completely and then add more seeds alongside Jeannie's tomato plants.  I can't stay out there for more than about 10 minutes at a time because of the hot sun.

I'm wilting and it's too hot to even think.   If anything happens later I'll add a postscript!

Here's the postscript that I wanted to write but nearly forgot about:

I recently bought a Ryobi grass & weed trimmer from  Home Depot.  Since I had it delivered I used my credit card to pay for it.  Now  my YouTube feed constantly has a video about a Ryobi product.  This is the first such product I've bought since I lived in Asheville, NC from about 2004 to 2009.  I certainly don't like the idea of YouTube being able to get information about my purchases.  It is no coincidence as the youtube vid began appearing a day or so after I bought it, and it is for the exact model.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. When I shop at a store I always pay in cash, but when you order online and have the goods delivered they want a credit card. Since I no longer drive I have a lot of things delivered these days.

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy your garden is taking off and things are growing. Enjoy watching things grow out there.

    I've about given up on watching YouTube. I know that by posting the adds it helps the people using it. But it's getting ridiculous at how many there are and they are always the same adds over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really surprising but I'm not getting the ads on my new computer. The old one was full of them and it was so irritating I was thinking about not watching youtube any more. I don't know what changed when I got the newer computer, but I'm sure happy about it.

      Delete
  3. I am glad your garden is doing well and hope you get to harvest a lot of veggies.

    As for the YouTube videos I have not had a problem except for the one time I clicked on a Prepper video and now everyday I get a pop up from them. Wish I was smart enough to figure out how to get rid of it.

    Hope your Ryobi turns out better than mine. I bought one about seven years ago when they started making them with batteries and it never worked well. I bought mine in Houston and paid cash something odd for me as I usually charge almost everything. I left the receipt in Houston and could not return it within the allowed time frame.

    ReplyDelete