Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 4, 2019

When Rocky Meets Galaxy

All Hell Breaks Loose!  We were out for a quick walk this morning before the rain starts, and things were going very well as far as leash walking goes.  Then we met Galaxy and her owner.  Galaxy is one of the three black dogs of the same size that I wrote about in a previous blog.

We both tried to hold on to our dogs, but she has had foot surgery and is using a walker, and I'm not as strong as I once was, and the two dogs broke loose at the same time.

What fun they had and it was difficult to get the leashes back in our hands, and then the dogs kept tangling them up.  I finally pulled the bag of treats out of my pocket and got Rocky to move off to the side and sit still long enough to get the dogs apart.  With all the rain and no place to run off their energy, they really needed that fun, although it wasn't in the best place.  Once we separated them they were manageable.  What a way to start the day!

I am so anxious to have the lady come to look my place over to see if she is interested.  The people in the duplex are moving at least a month ahead of schedule, and I'd like to get started on my move.  I may as well face the future with hope and acceptance, but the one thing that will certainly be a trade-off is the back yard - great for Rocky to run off leash, but he will really miss the interaction with other dogs, especially those his size and temperament.

My washing machine is just about ready to give out, and I'm hoping it will give me a few more uses before it dies.  I have been wanting to get a new one but would rather have it delivered and set up where it will remain for the rest of my lifetime!

I'd better get started on my day.  Please keep your fingers crossed that the lady will come and see my house soon, fall in love with it and the location, and sell her house in a hurry.  I don't think I'm asking for too much !  I walked down to the office yesterday to pick up one of their monthly booklets that lists all the benefits available here, activities, etc.  If she likes to do things like that, there are so many such as bingo, crafts, bridge & bridge lessons, dinners, etc.  I see that they are starting a class in line dancing which sounds like fun to me.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They do, and they don't care if their owners approve or not!

      Delete
  2. It was good that Rocky found a playmate. Dogs have to burn off their excess energy and playing with another dog their size is perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new dog in the park is a female who is about 14 months to Rocky's 10, and they are so good together. When I got home from getting lab work done this morning, Rocky got out and ran across the street to the park because Galaxy was there. What a pair!

      Delete
  3. Hope you will post some good news about the sale of your home. You have really put plenty upgrades that should make anyone happy,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeful it will all take place quickly, as I think the duplex is available now - the renters have moved out early. I feel like I'm in a state between worlds just now.

      Delete
  4. Missing you, Gypsy! Hope all is well. Maybe you are just so busy packing?

    ReplyDelete