Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 13, 2019

On the Market Today

I put my house on the market today and hope it will sell without much delay.  I really like the agent and am happy to have found her.  My daughter was here to help me go over the forms and paperwork, and now the sign is in front.  I hadn't wanted a sign up, but the agent and my daughter thought I should, so if it helps then I'll do it!

Now the hard part will come - keeping my house in good enough order to show it on short notice.  That isn't going to be easy with a big dog living here, but I'll do my best.  My new landlord would like for me to move in about the 15th of May, which really doesn't leave me a whole lot of time.  I signed a 3 month contract with the realtor, but once it sells I will have a lot of work to do packing things up.  It's not something i can do while there are prospective buyers coming through.  It's no wonder I'm suffering from indigestion!

I spent the afternoon in the dog park with like minded folks and their dogs.  It is a beautiful spring day here, and it's nice to get outdoors.  No one there mentioned the sign in my yard, and I hope they don't.  I am looking forward to having prospective buyers come and look at the house, but I don't want to talk about it with my current neighbors.

There were dogs of all sizes there this afternoon, and I am becoming a lot more comfortable with little dogs.  Some of them hop right up on my lap, so I must not give out any unfriendly vibes. Somehow they have discovered I usually have a bag of treats in my pockets, and they all come around sniffing at my pockets and giving me the pleading looks.  I'm going to have to go there tomorrow better prepared.  Rocky is the juvenile delinquent of the bunch, but he's getting better a little bit at a time.  Any improvement is wonderful to me, no matter how small!

Well, I'm glad this day has come and nearly gone.  I can't tell you how traumatic it's been - I don't have any qualms about what I'm doing, but the steps to be taken, the paperwork, and all the little stuff to do is taking its toll on me. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hope it sells quickly for you. Can your kids maybe take some of the packed stuff to their house in the mean time so you won't have to pack in a crazy hurry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that, and I appreciate the suggestion. I'm hoping to get with the kids soon and I will see what they think.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, just getting it listed is a big step! Hoping it sells fast and to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it sells quickly because I can't live like this for long - I like things around where I can see them, and my daughter puts everything out of sight. It looks a lot cleaner and nicer that way, but I'm too old to change.

      Delete
  3. Fingers and toes crossed that it sells quickly. Is there a dog park anywhere near your new place? Rocky is going to love a big back yard but it would be nice if there was also a dog park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is a dog park but not sure if it's within walking distance. We will probably get out every day and explore.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I will be a bundle of nerves until it sells!

      Delete