Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

If at first you don't succeed -

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!   I don't read instructions.  I have never in my life read instructions until all else failed.

Last week I watched a couple of Youtube videos about making zucchini fritters, and I thought it looked easy and delicious as well.  Not having a food processor I had to grate everything by hand, which I didn't mind.  They were delicious and got me to thinking, if they were this good for entailing all the work, I should buy myself a food processor, which I did.  Costco had a small Cuisinart processor for $25 and I tried it out this morning.  It took me at least a half hour to get it all assembled and connected, and I could have had all the ingredients grated by then, but at least I tried something new.

I may use it again but to tell the truth, I think my hand-grated fritters tasted better.  The ones I made today are a bit mushier and the flavors don't stand apart.

A funny moment occurred when I was cutting the zucchini in smaller sections to put into the processer.  While I was busy putting the pieces into the machine, Rocky came along and stole a chunk of zucchini and then ran like a rabbit so I wouldn't see him!

While I'm sitting here typing this, I've eaten the entire batch of zucchini fritters and it's only 9:49 am!

 

8 comments:

  1. We find that most times it is faster just to do it by hand unless you are doing a Biggg Batch.
    Try doing the same thing with Sweet Potatoes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been pretty much a hands-on person, and I get a lot of satisfaction from doing things "by hand".

      Delete
  2. I don't own a food proccesor, many years ago I bought a cheap thing that was supposed to chop veggies, well it made mushy this one you have to keep pulsing by hand, but your right hand grating is the winner. I really need to make those fritters they sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the veggies I shredded were sort of mushy too. Maybe I held the button too long, and it would be better to do it in short bursts. I will probably try it again, but I think the next time I make zucchini fritters or pancakes I will use the hand grater. There are tons of youtube videos on making these fritters. I watched several, and then just mixed it til it looked and tasted good to me.

      Delete
  3. When I had the strays I tried to give them vegetables but they did not like them, glad Rocky does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long standing joke that a lab will eat everything.

      Delete
  4. "ran like a rabbit" gave me a chuckle, then a giggle. Yeah, he's a 'child! Catching on fast, isn't he?
    I too rarely read directions. My college prof scolded me once for not doing so. So far,I've managed okay. Those fritters sound good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in not reading instructions until all else fails. It used to be that things were fairly easy to figure out, but these days they are as complex as the mfrs can make them!

      Delete