Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, December 29, 2018

I won't be welcoming the New Year after all. UPDATE ADDED!!!!!

All the planning and anticipation of going up to the mountains to welcome the new year just fell apart for me.

I have been having a real problem with itching lately, all over, but the only redness was in my waistband area.  Last night I was awake all night long with extreme itching all over, and by this morning I was covered with an ugly red rash.  Jeannie took me to an emergency medical care center today, and  they did some blood tests and wrote me 2 prescriptions.  I had planned to go with Jeannie to get the prescriptions filled, but after what the dog did to my house while I was gone I just stayed home and asked her to get them filled at Costco.  So right now I'm still very itchy, but I hope when I get the 1st dose of meds I will begin to get some relief!  The kids have rented two cabins each with several bedrooms and I know I will miss a good party.

Jeanne and I looked at a duplex she wants me to move into about May or when the current family leave for a move to Washington State.   It seems very nice, especially the kitchen which is on the small side but has much newer appliances than I have.  There is a dryer in the laundry room that will stay, and I'll have to buy myself a washing machine.  It will be so nice to not have to leave home to do my laundry.

The back yard is incredibly big although it goes downhill from the deck - Rocky and no doubt I will get some good exercise.   I can see some frisbee tossing back there.  The house, as I've said before, is 3 bedrooms ad 2 baths.  None of the bedrooms is extremely large but they are all a good size.  I'll probably use one as a spare bedroom and the other for my art table, desk, bookshelves, and misc. storage.  I don't know how I am going to pack up my belongings, and I hope to donate some items and clothing.

I will definitely be happy to leave the home I'm in, and I'll be in a much better location, although I will certainly miss my favorite stores and restaurants here.  I don't eat out often, but when I do it's usually Chipotle which is only a few blocks from me.

I wish everyone a happy new year. 

UPDATE ON SUNDAY MORNING:
I'm packing and planning to go.  After taking the first dose of the meds last night I am noticeably improved, although still have a bit of a rash and itchiness.

Rocky is beside himself because I'm packing his food, toys, etc.  and he's ready to go.  My son Steve is bringing his dog Sammy, and along with Rocky will probably drive us all crazy with their unbounded energy.  Sammy is about 4 yrs old but still acts like a puppy.  I will try to get some photos of them if they can hold still long enough. 

19 comments:

  1. You can well welcome the New Year wherever you are! I will be in my 149 sf home on Wheels next to the mosquito swamp welcoming another new year for trying to have tooooo much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Barney! I will no doubt be asleep by the time midnight rolls around.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you. I do hope the itching problem gets resolved quickly. Too bad about your not going to the
    mountains. At least it sounds like you have something to look forward to. I think Rocky will be much less of a
    problem with more room. And, also, no more trips across the street to the laundry will be great. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done anything like go to the mountains with family for a long time, so I can't remember what I'll miss! I hope Rocky gets a little better in the next few months. Sometimes I can barely deal with him.

      Delete
  3. What did the say your problem was? what ever it is I hope the meds get rid of it. Sorry your going to miss the trip, but I gave up any going out anywhere years ago. I sometimes stay up but most times I'm asleep until they start shooting off the fire works and guns. Oh my kids call and wake me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't say exactly but took some blood samples so I should hear back in a few days. I'm thinking it may be the thyroid meds I'm taking - a very low dose, but I'm not going to take it anymore. Several people have mentioned that it could very well be.

      Delete
  4. Quit scathing or wear mittens (grin). Itching is worse than hurting. It seems that there is more that can be done for hurting than for itching. Get over, quick. You don't want to scratch more than Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itching is much worse than hurting, and yes, I am scratching like a dog with fleas!

      Delete
  5. Hope you get the Itching under control soon. Too bad you missed your trip.
    Congrats on the new house that will help for Rocky.
    Wishing you and your entire family a Safe and Happy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and I'm hoping you have a wonderful year ahead.

      Delete
  6. Hope the itching goes away soon. I am sorry you will not be able to go camp out in the mountains but perhaps when Rocky is a little older you will make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a lot better today so I will get to enjoy the party!

      Delete
  7. I think the only thing worse than itching is a tooth ache. I sure hope the meds kick in for you and give you some relief. My doc figures my hands and feet itching is an allergy and dry skin. Oh joy. I hope you can keep your sanity with Rocky until you get a yard for him to run in. I think that will really help wear him out for you. And he is getting older and older is a good thing with a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention that, but I think I need to see the dentist about a tooth that doesn't seem right!

      Delete
  8. So glad you're going. Have fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all packed and ready, but as ALWAYS, my daughter is running late. It gets dark so soon we might not get there in daylight. There is nothing I can do about it - she is always late, and I'm always early or at least on time.

      Delete
  9. Glad you are better and get to make the trip . Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and I wish you a very Happy New Year as well.

      Delete
  10. So glad to know that you are going! Hope it is a really fun time!!!

    ReplyDelete