Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, September 29, 2017

Seasoned Sale - So-So!

I used the salt to season a salmon filet I baked last night.  It was just o.k., but definitely missed something.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a dash of garlic salt might perk it up.  I can't think of what else it could be - it tasted fine when I sampled it, but it just didn't season the fish like the old Santa Maria salt did.  Back to the drawing board.

It has been a very nice day that looks like it will remain in the low 80's.   I'm looking at  70's by Monday, and I can only hope.

Last night was a disappointing night to look at stars, and my binoculars didn't help any.  I think it was overcast  most of the night.
  
My day started out very well and I enjoyed my walk and workout at the gym, followed by 10 min. on the hydromassage - always a treat.  Things sort of deteriorated from the time I left the gym and saw all the horrible chemtrails in the sky.  I had planned to sweep my driveway and do a little yard work, but not when it's anyone's guess what kinds of particles are being rained down on us.  I know it's not normal and I have constant sniffling.  Many folks are experiencing much worse symptoms than I am.  I didn't realize until I did some searching on the problem that it is present in many other countries of the world as well, so it's a global thing.

Instead of concentrating on fixing a good dinner, I think I've ruined my appetite by munching on pretzels!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Barney. I think I spell it differently every time I type it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I do that all the time, ruin my appetite by snacking. Why don't you try using your salt with some garlic salt and see if that's what's missing. If not then you know that's not it. Of course I'm prejudiced, I lOVE garlic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to buy a small jar of garlic salt the next time I'm in the grocery, and I'll see if that is the missing flavor.

      Delete
  3. Chem trails?? What you see is the water vapor that is formed when jet fuel combines with oxygen (burns). No chemicals involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what a jet contrail looks like. They don't play tic tac toe with them in the sky.

      Delete
  4. I know this is not the first time you have mentioned chemtrails in your area. Wonder what is going on? Have you tried to ask a local television station maybe they can do an investigation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, a few posts ago, you asked me to post a picture of my telescope. Here is a link to one of my blog postings that contain pictures of it:
    http://dizzydick.blogspot.com/2013/05/wondering-what-really-big-telescope.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do know you can buy Santa Maria seasonings on Amazon don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you can buy just about anything on Amazon, which is why I usually avoid the site. I've often said that Amazon takes sales away from local businesses, and I'm old-fashioned enough to want to spend my money locally when possible. One of the reasons I didn't want to replace the Santa Maria is that my old jar of it indicates it contains MSG, which a couple of people in my family are very allergic to. I don't cook for them that often, but if I take a dish to a get-together I don't want anyone to get sick from it.

      Delete
  7. Just a thought, you may want to try adding alittle garlic powder to your mixture which
    already has salt in it I'm thinking. I like it better than the garlic salt.
    Like I said, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look at garlic powder and salt the next time I'm at Bel Air. At Costco today I bought a jar of Kinder's Organic Butter Steakhouse Seasoning, and a just gave it a taste test and it's dynamite! I could use it to season just about anything, and may bake a filet of cod tomorrow and sprinkle it liberally. It does contain organic dehydrated garlic. Just can't get away from garlic, can i!

      Delete
  8. It is hard to escape MSG too. I am sure the members of your family will appreciate your efforts to avoid it in their food. There are many names for MSG so it is sometimes hard to spot in processed foods. I have tried to avoid it because it caused a panic attack years ago. It is a neurotoxin. Many people tolerate it, but some of us have a strong reaction.

    There may be a reason you have an aversion to garlic so perhaps you need to listen to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might tell my "garlic story" in my next blog.

      Delete